Stage lighting PCB repair

One of my stage lights blew at the weekend. Upon closer inspection, it looks like a loose live connection on the pcb as the wire/solder came free with minimal force. 

Does this look repairable or am I best to bin and replace? 

What is the best way to clean up the pcb and/or tracks before resoldering the wire? 

thanks 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Danny1969Danny1969 Frets: 10405
    Christ that looks shit, is that from factory or has someone bodged it ?  looks like a bit of 3 core with the earth cut off ! Is that the mains in to the power supply or DC out ? 

www.2020studios.co.uk 
  • paulphoenixpaulphoenix Frets: 141
    edited October 2018
    It is (in all honesty) a cheap and nasty LED PAR can.  

Hadn't actually noticed it was 3 core wire coming in so this is defo a bodge. Those wires connect directly to the plug (so mains in)

looks like it's been soldered onto the pcb rather than through the hole
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72321
    Just be thankful we have the best and safest mains system in the world, with a fuse in every plug. Defeating the earthing goes a long way to negating that though...

If that’s stock and not bodged by someone it wouldn’t even be legal to sell here - but this is sometimes the case with cheap imported crap.

It might be fixable, but I wouldn’t want to without doing it properly.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Sounds like a job for a pro rather than me then. I only paid £5 for it secondhand so I will bin and replace which will probably be cheaper. 

thanks Danny & ICBM