SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB old folk song books

StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2412
Whenever I go into a secondhand bookshop I always check to see if there are any interesting collections of folk songs. I'm not looking for generic '100 great folk-songs' or 'Folk songs for easy guitar' style books. What I'm after is books from manuscript collections and so forth that might have unusual / rare / obscure material in them. For example, there are something like six volumes of the Grieg-Duncan collection that have been published, and I have only ever managed to find volume 1. Some of this material is available online nowadays, but I much prefer having it in printed form.

I'm interested in songs and ballads from the English and Scottish traditions with melodies, including collections of the same material from the USA. Not so much in Irish or continental songs, instrumental pieces, or in collections of words without any music.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom