Echopark Guitars

What's Hot
Anybody have one or tried one?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mgawmgaw Frets: 5262
    edited October 2018
    @DougCoda ;;    Tried one a few months ago and absolutely loved it, will defo be buying one at one point, 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Nice 59 custom on reverb at a good price. Was thinking about snagging it.
  • I've seen them in coda but I didn't get to try one.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Nice 59 custom on reverb at a good price. Was thinking about snagging it.
    saw that one, looks ace
    be interested to know more about them there HB's
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5421
    Warning: epic rabbit hole - 

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/echopark-guitars.1207503/

The takeaway I get is “don’t custom order one unless you’re famous and patient.” But if you find a great off-the-peg model, go for it...

• I really wanted one but even the ones on peg are often wonky. That thread is a hectic read - some of the pictures are shocking for that kinda money. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4309
    I think @mellowsun bought one from Coda quite a while back. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• I’m going to try and pick one up.
  • DougCodaDougCoda Frets: 642
    I like them....obviously or we wouldn't stock them.They have a lot of character, look great, sound great and play great. 
    Gabriel had some issues with supplying guitars around the time of the move from LA to Detroit which is where I understand the Gear Page madness started kicking in, it reminded me a bit of the PBG witch hunt from about 6 years ago the way it went off. He can be a bit slow on delivery and this is by no means a rare thing in the guitar business, big companies are not excepted here either, we get this all the time. One big amp manufacturer missed the estimated delivery date on a product by over a year...
    Best thing to do is try one out and make your own mind up, we've managed finally to build up some inventory so have a pretty good selection at the moment
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    CHRISB50 said:
    I think @mellowsun bought one from Coda quite a while back. 
    I did and it’s fantastic. It’s a little bit of an ugly duckling (in terms of shape - the fit and finish are perfect), but it’s a real players’ guitar.

Once I picked it up I couldn’t put it down. Amazing neck, it feels very old school. Closest playing experience for me was a 59 Les Paul that I played at a Gardiner Houlgate auction viewing several years back.

It’s one of the ones from his original workshop in California.
  • I have a Clarence Tennessee and she is an absolute belter. I bought her “unseen” hoping she might replace the strat i had sold but she sounds like nothing else Ive played. Ive had her home for 3 years now and she’s still blowing me away. She is the only one ive picked up though so im probably not qualified to give a general opinion!!
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    edited October 2018
    Yeah, sounds like a fair few people have had a bad experience. Still, you can't argue with the look and sound of this Strat he built

(skip to 3:01)
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    Thank heavens for gullible people..............Prices are simply ludicrous.The two that I have looked at did play nicely but no better than any other quality guitar and the build quality was woeful.
     More new clothes for Emperors .
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • The TGP thread is a lesson in people falling for the hype despite what the reality is.

Honestly why bother with Echopark when there are hundreds of quality makers without the fantasy pricing and poor quality luthiery? 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    lot of hype for sure and some outrageous bits of QC but he can certainly make  great guitar,,i would be trying before buying though or have a good chat with Doug or Marc at coda and trust them to give it a good once over..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • 0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16095
    Hamer did that very well 35 years ago