SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: 2004 Gibson SG Classic (P90)

DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3900
edited October 2018 in Guitars £
Got this from @rossyamaha in May and although I love it, I'm just not playing guitar anymore and am seriously thinking about quitting altogether.

I'm not normally this lazy, but here's the original ad (hope you don't mind Ross):

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1931697/#Comment_1931697

Comes with a Gator hardcase and original Gibson gig bag. It's very light (around 6.5lbs!) but is in no way neck heavy and is extremely resonant.

The pics hide a few dings, but these mark very easily! 

I paid £500 for it but I'll let it go for a completely cheap £450 no offers.

Pick up/meet up within reason. I live in West Oxfordshire. 

Sold
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• rossyamaharossyamaha Frets: 2440
    This guitar haunts me. I don't get on with SGs at all but this one, this one nearly stayed at my house. 

I play guitar and take photos of stuff. I also like beans on toast.

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3900
    It still feels like "the one" to me mate, but sadly I've fallen out of love with the guitar full stop. Cheers though, that's high praise coming from you.
  • What's the neck profile like? Slim, rounded, chunky, flat, wide? Think that just about covers it !
    edited October 2018
    It's definitely not thin although it's not fat either but it is a little  chunky. Feels very much like any modern Fender neck to me, maybe a little more rounded. Most likely a 9.5 radius I'd guess. 

It plays lovely.
  • KoaKoa Frets: 120
    These a great SGs, if you want an idea of what it sounds like listen to the Who Live at Leeds.....pretty close. Don’t hesitate, I’d have it in a heartbeat if I lived closer. 
  • KoaKoa Frets: 120
    I seem to recall the pots being pcb mounted.....might be wrong but simple to upgrade....
    On hold/sold subject to the usual.
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Bargain!
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.