Stacking ThorpyFX

What's Hot
SRichSRich Frets: 762
edited October 2018 in FX
Hey folks

After the recent acquisition of a Peacekeeper (thank you @ThorpyFX), I had wondered if it was Peacekeeper into the Gunshot or vice versa? I know try 'em both ways and whatever sounds best is the very sensible maxim, but gain stage stacking always sounds like a load of folderol......I wondered if there was real world experience.

That said.......there is also a Muffroom Cloud to factor in........and space is an issue also.

Any first hand guidance from you lot? 

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Watching this with interest as I also have a new Peacekeeper to go with my Gunshot and Fallout Cloud ;-)
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4526
    I always find alphabetical order is the way to go in these situations
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SRichSRich Frets: 762
    @DesVegas I'll take that in the true helpful spirit of the forum......have a LOL 

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4526
    Cheers SRich, i'll get you a pint next time i see you x
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6123
    tFB Trader
    Personally i like it like this, gunshot---->Fallout------->Peacekeeper. It allows to the peacekeeper to do things to the other two that you can't achieve the other way around, i.e. EQ, and boost vs compress the drive.
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com
  • hubobuloushubobulous Frets: 2352
    I had a Peacekeeper and Warthog and tried stacking them with Thorpy. The gut feel was to stack the PK into WH, but it was the other way around that blew our socks off. I wrote a thread about it somewhere if you do a search
  • FuengiFuengi Frets: 2849
    I've got my Peacekeeper first going into a White Atom Fuzz, sounds incredible. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5143
    edited October 2018
    I’ve said before..... A Muffroom Cloud into the boost side of a Veteran was awesome..... Adrian, that’s got to be your next pedal.... Perhaps you can do me a Signature one, called ‘The tone1’   =)
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17589
    tFB Trader
    I had a Peacekeeper and Warthog and tried stacking them with Thorpy. The gut feel was to stack the PK into WH, but it was the other way around that blew our socks off. I wrote a thread about it somewhere if you do a search

He's totally right .

One of the best combos!
  • SlimbertSlimbert Frets: 335
    edited October 2018
    I love my Veteran in to my Peacekeeper. Adrian is right about having the Peacekeepers EQ later in the chain.

Ultimately, thats why I bought a Team Medic. That pedal is amazing at the end of a signal chain.
  • I had a Peacekeeper and Warthog and tried stacking them with Thorpy. The gut feel was to stack the PK into WH, but it was the other way around that blew our socks off. I wrote a thread about it somewhere if you do a search
    Listen to this man, and find his thread with the photo’s of the settings. I’ve tried them with PK into Gunshot, Fallout Cloud and Warthog. Results are stupid good! 
  • Pete24vPete24v Frets: 235
    I run my Gunshot into the Peacekeeper with amazing results.. Sometimes even goose the both of them with the Fat General. 
  • johnhejohnhe Frets: 191
    I have never been able to get a good sound when stacking my Gunshot with any other gain pedal - the Gunshot sound fabulous at higher gain levels, but sounds oddly flat at lower gains. But when stacking, I obviously tend to run each pedal at slightly lower gain, so that snookers me as far as using the Gunshot goes. Bummer!
  • ThorpyFXThorpyFX Frets: 6123
    tFB Trader
    johnhe said:
    I have never been able to get a good sound when stacking my Gunshot with any other gain pedal - the Gunshot sound fabulous at higher gain levels, but sounds oddly flat at lower gains. But when stacking, I obviously tend to run each pedal at slightly lower gain, so that snookers me as far as using the Gunshot goes. Bummer!
    Pm me, I can help with this.... 
    Adrian Thorpe MBE | Owner of ThorpyFx Ltd | Email: thorpy@thorpyfx.com | Twitter: @ThorpyFx | Facebook: ThorpyFx Ltd | Website: www.thorpyfx.com