Soundcloud advice

I've literally cut & pasted this from my niece's Facebook page.  Can anyone offer any advice?

so some random person is buying plays on my daily's soundcloud. and soundcloud support can't remove the plays because they are anonymous. why would someone even bother to do that? like... what would the goal even be? it's exactly 50 plays every time from the USA. anyone got any ideas?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14324
    How long have you (or your niece) been registered on SoundCloud? 

Often, in an effort to sustain member interest, the SoundCloud system delivers impossibly positive messages from imaginary on-line friends or would-be music purchasers.

Some of the message sources could be genuine. Usually, they are Internet music streaming stations, offering a service, possibly for a fee. Some of them claim to be able to get your music to influential people. Some of them offer to broadcast your music for free in exchange for you waiving your entitlements to PRS royalties.

Unfortunately, if the SoundCloud account includes any photographic images of your niece, there is the possibility of unsavoury males taking an inappropriate interest. 
    Be seeing you.
  • RolandRoland Frets: 8591
    I've been told that this could be camouflage for a click farm. If they only play/ like/ retweet the stuff they've been paid to support then it looks suspicious. If they click on other random stuff it's less obvious. Here's a video about it:

Tree recycler, and guitarist with  https://www.undercoversband.com/.
  • I wish I could get 50 listens in total on there!!
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • steamabacussteamabacus Frets: 1258
    edited October 2018
    I usually get a handful of listens whenever I post something on SC. One track though got nearly 1200 plays in a single day! Totally random and barely a play since.