Red Dead Redemption 2

What's Hot
Morning all,

Who else has this on their radar...? I've already got it pre-loaded. Very much looking forward to it - absolutely loved the first one, was much better than GTA in my opinion.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Musicman20Musicman20 Frets: 2325
    I have it on pre-order from Amazon so I'm hoping it arrives asap.....

Probably one of the most hyped games in many many years. I loved the original game....I just hope the multiplayer is out soon.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    At 100gb.... wow

An ex graduate of mine works their now, he can't say much because of his NDA, but he is very stoked for it's release.

He's been working 12hrs a day, 6 days a week, for 3 solid months... so he's a bit sick of it I think
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4135
    edited October 2018
    Yup preloaded on my Xbox One X and ready to play. Looking forward to Friday.

That BBC article is a bit eroneous. That extra 50GB on PS4 does not have to be downloaded - it's just extra space required on your hard disk for the decryption and installation. The Xbox download system is more efficient and that space isn't required.

There have been plenty of games hitting the 100GB already (on XB at least), I don't know why such a fuss is being made over this one.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    Popping into Game to pick mine up
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Have ordered a PS4 Pro bundle just to play this game.

Completely agree that for me the first one was miles better than GTA.

Hopefully there are other good third person adventure games that are out on the playstation  :o

• Yep, can't wait! Preloaded and ready to play. 
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    duotone said:
    They are talking rubbish, horses always stayed dead.
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4135
    edited October 2018
    This is actually the third game in the series. The first was called Red Dead Revolver. It was originally a Capcom game, but was stopped during development. Rockstar saw the potential and took it over. It's not open world like the other games, but without it we wouldn't have RDR2.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • stickersticker Frets: 869
    Yep , I have it pre-ordered at Game and will be going to midnight release for the first time ever ...you could say I’m slightly looking forward to it ....
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 982
    terada said:
    duotone said:
    Never played it tbh, but a couple of my friends loved the 1st one.

tbh I was surprised that it got a mention on the bbc website in the first place.
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7765
    duotone said:
    terada said:
    duotone said:

tbh I was surprised that it got a mention on the bbc website in the first place.
    An industry worth Billions and possibly the biggest release of 2018. I'm surprised that you're surprised. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • SeshSesh Frets: 1841
    duotone said:
    terada said:
    duotone said:

An industry worth Billions and possibly the biggest release of 2018. I'm surprised that you're surprised. 
     I'm surprised.
    It's not that I don't think it is newsworthy, more that the BBC actually covered it. The BBC is often crap when it comes to console games. You'd think they would devote some screen time to an industry of that size. All I've seen is 5 minutes here and there buried on the news channel.

As for the game, I'll probably give it's miss. I think I'd like it. Too much. I wouldn't get enough time to play it and end up frustrated. I still haven't done all I want to do in GTA5.
    Can't sing, can't dance, can handle a guitar a little.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • d8md8m Frets: 2434
    Ill be straight into Sainsbury's after work Friday to pick this up!

• FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2391
    I have to admit, I don't know much about it. I've learnt not to ride the hype train for new games, as you only end up disappointed; besides, I'm still very early on in Ass Creed Odyssey (even though I've sunk about 26 hours in!).

Might have to read some details about RDR2, but if it's half as good as the first, I'll be chuffed :)
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    The first rockstar Red Dead was probably the most enjoyable game I've ever played, really good story, lots of things to do, like gta but a little more grown up I think 

• BBC usually covers Rockstar Games releases. I guess they think it's worthwhile for SEO.

• sweepysweepy Frets: 4183
    I wonder if the Server will crash on Friday when everyone hits the DLC
  • olafgartenolafgarten Frets: 1648
    FarleyUK said:
    I have to admit, I don't know much about it. I've learnt not to ride the hype train for new games, as you only end up disappointed; besides, I'm still very early on in Ass Creed Odyssey (even though I've sunk about 26 hours in!).

Might have to read some details about RDR2, but if it's half as good as the first, I'll be chuffed :)

If odyssey is anything like origins and the story pacing is off, you'll think you are early on, and then it just ends really quickly. 
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    I just remembered that I pre-ordered this from Amazon over a year ago! Or rather was reminded when I got an email saying it will arrive Friday.

I did enjoy the last one, way more than I expected to - made me want to be a cowboy. Maybe I'll start a go fund me to get chaps and spurs. :-)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom