Strange place for 'The Darkness'

What's Hot
DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2358
Half four, CBBs, Caties Amazing Machines...

The 4 year old is car daft.  New CBBs programme started last week.  I wondered why he was bouncing around the  living room and I thought the music sounded very familiar.

Dan Hawkins of the The Darkness does the music.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DannyPDannyP Frets: 1676
    They were on Zingzillas once I think.
  • Guitar_SlingerGuitar_Slinger Frets: 1489
    edited October 2018
    Fucking hell!

Dan was at the Guitar Show last year. Me and @Jetfire were talking to him* about Zingzillas and Dan said he was doing something with CBeebies, but couldn't say what. Now we know.

* the conversation started like this. "Dan, I'd like to ask you something about Justin... have you met Mr Tumble?"

Edit: He replied "No, but I've met Iggle Piggle."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Just had a gander on iPlayer - cool tune. 

My kids have outgrown Cbeebies and have moved onto CBBC. But I think they'd still like this. 

• robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    I went ten pin bowling with Dan Hawkins and Ed Graham once #lametofame
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DdiggerDdigger Frets: 2358
    In the early noughties, the (oilfield) company I worked for had an office in Great Yarmouth.  Their sister worked there.  Their gigs were like 2 men, a dog, friends and family and a bunch random oilfield blokes.  They were good and a couple of years later they made it.
  • Ddigger said:
    In the early noughties, the (oilfield) company I worked for had an office in Great Yarmouth.  Their sister worked there.  Their gigs were like 2 men, a dog, friends and family and a bunch random oilfield blokes.  They were good and a couple of years later they made it.
    I heard the rumour that they started off a straight up rock band with Dan singing and justin on lead? is that true?
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2383
    roberty said:
    I went ten pin bowling with Dan Hawkins and Ed Graham once #lametofame
    I bet Dan was full of the wonders of spring....

He always seems a miserable bloke. Never forget at his birthday gig, a cake was wheeled out for him in the shape of a car, and the first thing he does is moan that it's not a Maserati, like his real one. Even Justin was pretty taken aback by that, let alone the crowd.
  • The Darkness are the band Guns 'n Roses wishes they could be.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom