Pathetic and desperate attempt to win friends and likes...

camfcamf Frets: 1191
edited November 2018 in Plug My Stuff
Sadly at my age, my new band is looking for gigs and stuff, and it turns out that the old social media buzz thing seems like it kind of matters. 

So, here's my no-cost promo vid with my old beardy face bawling away at one of my dreary tunes about death and loss. However, on the plus side, there's cute shots of my 1962 ES-125 for you nature lovers out there. 

And the obligatory facebook page that you might innocently like and then I spend several years using it to try and persuade you to come to our gigs. https://www.facebook.com/borrowedbooks/

Thanks if you can help... profound and sincere apologies if you hate it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• munckeemunckee Frets: 12354
    Seems to be a photo rather than a video unless it's my phone. 
  • camfcamf Frets: 1191
    And it's not even a photo of a guitar... sorry! :) Screwed up the link. I'll try again. 
    Apparently it's a bug. Happily, I think I've debugged it to ****.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12354
    Hi had a listen through a couple of times I like it.  The song improves as it goes on for me and from 2:50 onwards is really strong.  My kind of introspective self-loathing : )

Reminds me sound wise in a good way of teenage fanclub if you are familiar with them.  

I don't do facebook but best of luck with it.
    Thanks @munckee ; Yep, I saw TFC again last week - third or fourth time? I find them a bit frustrating live but I still like them a lot. I suspect we share a lot of the same influences too, at least in terms of The Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, Neil Young, Bob Dylan, Velvet Underground, Big Star, Replacements, etc. 

It was this bands first recording session and we went in with the plan to just make a demo with a couple of acoustic guitars, but we got a bit carried away. It's remarkably easy to run out of tracks when you only have 8. 

And thanks a lot for taking the time to have a listen.