New line 6 amp?

What's Hot
John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
I noticed the dt25 is benig sold off at Andertons, with the ever expanding Helix family and the powercab technology do we think there may be a HX combo on the horizon?
1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited November 2018
    More likely the end of Line 6's use of tubes and the end of the Bognor relationship. I'm not sure Line 6 would ever make a high-end modelling amp. Plug a Helix into an amp of your choice or a Line 6 Powercab or FRFR unit.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26564
    edited November 2018
    I thought they'd been EOL for some time now...? If that's the case, I'm guessing these are just some old stock found in a warehouse somewhere, and Andertons bought them cheap. That's usually what leads to the blowouts they do.

Could be wrong, though.

EDIT: A quick look around shows the DT25 head and combo out of stock pretty much everywhere, which kind of supports the theory.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12664
    Tbh, I’m amazed they are only just EOL.

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• StefBStefB Frets: 2350
    Andertons are also selling off (what are probably) the last of the M9s too.
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Last years black friday saw the DT25 being sold at Andertons for £400ish.. DT50 was discontinued a while back, but thought the DT25 was still going.. They must have got an absolute shit ton of them originally to be still selling them off at those prices..

• A helix combo would step on the toes of the amplifi (which is a fine modelling amp, IMO).