What expression pedal do HX FX users use?

TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4722
As per the title. I need an expression pedal for my new HX FX. It doesn't need to be a stand-alone volume pedal as well, but it wouldn't stop me buying one if that also worked well as an expression pedal with the HX FX.

Got an HX FX? What do you use? If your pedal uses a TRS output, what did you do to make it work with the HX FX TR input? 

Anyone got something to sell lying around? PM me. 

Ta!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9654
    edited November 2018
    I bought the cheap plastic MAudio one off Amazon for £15, seems to function although not necessarily spent that much time working it out in order to check it's fully working as it should. This is in part because I don't really understand a lot of the menu options for the expression pedals to be honest as I'm a bit thick.

I'd also be fairly dubious about its durability being made of plastic but I have their piano sustain pedal which cost about the same and that has worked fine on my keyboard

You may need to ensure the polarity switch on the underside of the Exp is set right though, I don't know what it all means but I think when I first used it, it didn't work, when I pressed the switch the other way, it did work, so I'd suggest trying both positions to fund what works then forget about it
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8481
    Can you use a soldering iron? For my rack/ control, I made one out of an old wah - just rip the insides out, 10k linear pot, there's diagrams online to wire it up but it's literally two wires to a jack socket.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2316
    use a roland ev30 and also a dunlop mini one.   both work fine.
  • I use the AMT red mini expression with my full fat Helix in case I have a patch where I need to both morph settings and use a wah....the latter I use the onboard expression pedal in those scenarios.
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 597
    Dunlop Mini Volume X is working for me. 
  • Thanks everyone. Anyone else using something different? I'll be shopping tomorrow...  
  • carloscarlos Frets: 3426
    I'm planning on using a 20 year old ibanez vl10 but the cables haven't arrived yet. I might hook up 2 exp pedals to it, though, as some of the options are really intriguing like controlling delay times w/ the exp pedal.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3755
    I've heard the Mission ones being mentioned as the best. Never tried one myself though.
  • Lebarque said:
    I've heard the Mission ones being mentioned as the best. Never tried one myself though.
    Yes. I've heard that too. I'm holding off one considering of those, though - they remind me of old Jen wah pedals - which were very heavy and quite tall. I'm hoping for something with less weight yet still having a decent sweep and feel under the foot.
  • The Mission pedal is heavy, but solidly built. I use one with my Helix Rack
  • Got a Dunlop DVP3 for sale if you're interested - been using it with an AX8. PM me if you're interested!
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27590
    Source Audio Reflex.

Not just expression - it has internal LFOs so you can sweep any parameter in the Helix... 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • BeexterBeexter Frets: 597
    Although I've settled on the Dunlop Mini, the Boss EV30 works well too if you want something a bit bigger underfoot.