TC Shaker mini advice...anyone got one?

JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620
I just bought a TC Shaker Mini vibrato for an occasional warble, and the selling point was the ramp function that PGS Andy (as was) demonstrated with a Leslie tone. It was clean, then gradually bloomed over about 4 seconds.

Trouble is I cannot get the ramp knob on this pedal to do anything much. Not altogether sure it works at all.

Is it borked? Or just so subtle as to be useless? Andy’s sounded good enough.

Anyone got one?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• johnhejohnhe Frets: 191
    I didnt realise this pedal did “Leslie”. I always bought that a Leslie specific tone print was a good idea. I’ve just tried to search for Andy showing that sound with this pedal but couldn’t find it in his PGA demo. Can you link to the video you’re talking about?
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1620

• borntohangborntohang Frets: 136
    edited November 2018
    Which Toneprint have you got it loaded with? Depending on how they have the ramp function set up it may have more or less effect - if you can't get it to reproduce the sound using the same Audley Freed toneprint there might be a mechnical issue.
    I have installed Audley's Leslie toneprint. The ramp function seems to happen (and only VERY subtly) from the point the pedal is switched on (this is the second of these I have now tried...both the same). I guess I anticipated it would be triggered by the note being played.

• Reading from the manual:

"Ramp - Adjusts how quickly the effect ramps up after the effect is turned on."

That's based on the old Boss VB2 'Rise Time' feature I assume, so it will kick in as soon as you turn the pedal on. It isn't envelope controlled. If you're into tinkering then you could dig into the Toneprint features via USB and make the effect less subtle when it reaches full ramp - most of the Toneprint pedals only reach their full potential after a bit of tweaking. 
    Yep, thanks, done that. I suppose I could achieve my aim by setting the Toneprint as a latching one and then triggering each time I want the vibrato to fade in, but it's a bit of a faff.

I wonder if there's another vibrato pedal that does what I want