Quick question re used Line 6 Bogner 212

Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 604
May have an option on one of these. Power wise total overkill for me but have read older posts here I am sure about them. Not sure if a Mark 1 or 2 but it is on caster wheels. I certainly don`t mind Line 6, but not a lot about these amps recently on the internet. Looks mad. It does have Celestion V30s fitted, no idea if these are original to the amp or not.

Worth a punt? Can happily sell other kit to fund it. Or am I still mad?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• simonksimonk Frets: 1467
    The Alchemist do you mean? If so, I had a 1x12 Alchemist many years back and thought it was a great amp. They’re quite long in the tooth now though. How much is it up for?
  • Jetsam1Jetsam1 Frets: 604
    It`s branded as Line 6, I think it is a Spider Valve? Just out of interest. It`s at the shop where my Telecaster is getting set up and an ok price.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72297
    How much is it? They don't sell for much.

They sound really good at lower volumes, but - counterintuitively given that it's the power amp which is valve (the preamp is all-digital) - do that typical modelling-amp thing of losing dynamics and presence when pushed hard, and end up almost sounding quieter the harder you drive it. They're also pretty heavy.

Also be aware that the MkI has a potential unrepairable fault, which will leave you with a rather heavy valve powered cabinet... although that might be useful for something. ( @impmann can provide details if necessary.) The MkII doesn't as far as I know.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• impmannimpmann Frets: 12664
    Just as @ICBM says, I’d avoid Mk1 models - but the mk2 is a good low to mid volume combo, with a *lot* of flexibility (especially if connected to one of the big footcontrollers).
    Don’t pay much for it though - as said above they are don’t go for a lot and can be hard to sell.
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

• They pop up quite often on the various Facebook buy and sell groups. Typical prices range from £150-£200. 

If the one you have seen is any more than that, I would steer clear.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7410
    Man, I tried one of these like 4 or 5 different times in shops desperately trying to be impressed, because on paper I really liked the idea of it, but it always seemed a bit 'meh' 
    Red ones are better.