Fender Champ 110

ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1592
Son in France has come upon one of these. I initially could only find a book for the Champ 100 and thought "Core!!!" but no, the 1TEN is a 10" 25watter, not a ripsnorting 100W 2x12!

So, are they "liked"? Reliable? Son does mainly jazz stuff in clubs and caffes so 25W, even transistor watts is probably all he needs. He says it sounds ok to him.

Dave.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• photekphotek Frets: 1462
    Had one for probably 20 years really nice clean channel and plenty loud enough for small Jazz gigs. Reverb was a bit meh but it was reliable over the time I had it with just a scratchy gain pot on the drive channel that I never used.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71963
    Reliable, portable, loud for its size, nice Fendery clean channel and reasonable reverb... horrible dirty channel with far too much gain and fizz, although if you keep the gain down very low it's possible to get usable sounds out of it.

Not worth a fortune, I probably wouldn't want to pay more than about £75 for one, £100 tops - but for that money, a good buy.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• jdgmjdgm Frets: 850
    edited November 2018
    Nice clean sound, just the job for a jazz gig!
  • ecc83ecc83 Frets: 1592
    Thanks for your time gents. Son is not, AFAIK, looking to buy the amp, just on loan but good to know what a fair price would be.

Dave.