Laney cub 10

HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15960
anyone , any owners, like to pipe up about their thoughts / experience with this little amp?
tae be or not tae be
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    I love my Laney Cub 10. I've had it about 3 years now and it's been flawless all that time (I'm just asking for trouble with that statement). I use it with guitar and with bass, outputting to a 15" cabinet and it sounds near identical to my Ampeg PF20 head. Both use 12ax7 into 2 x 6v6, so not surprising I suppose. I particularly like the way it smoothly dials in a bit of grit as the gain is increased. Ideal combo for home practice and output to an external cabinet, probably loud enough for small gigs, jams etc.
  • HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15960
    How is it c/w OD pedals Jezzers?
    tae be or not tae be
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6059
    hootsmon said:
    How is it c/w OD pedals Jezzers?
    I don’t use OD much but it takes pedals very well generally, even though it has no fx loop. I’ve used it with SD-2 & OD-1 with the amp set clean and they both sound very good. It’s a small combo so can be boxy but I found using an amp stand to tilt it upwards or feeding it out to a bigger external cab makes it sound louder and fuller. It’s a 15w amp so with the right speaker it could get loud. I’ve never pushed it hard, my external speaker is a 15” excelsior cab, but it does very nice cleans and raising the gain level gives it a pleasing bluesy edge.

More recently I’ve been using a Vox Pathfinder 15r as it’s so convenient with onboard reverb and trem but I miss the valve response to finger picking that the Laney has and may go back to it (though the Vox is a great combo).

• HootsmonHootsmon Frets: 15960
    :)
    tae be or not tae be
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    Don't you already have a VC15? ;)

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein