I'm off to see my favourite band live tomorrow

axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
Ageing old hippy that I am, my fave band is Pendragon. We go back a long way and they are celebrating 40 years tomorrow with two sets crammed into one night to fit as much music in past and present. Can't wait! 

I don't suppose anyone here is that interested but skip to 3 minutes on this video and you get a typical Pendragon melodic guitar solo. Not everyones thing, but this is musical nirvana live for me.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Very melodic and a great guitarist. I think I'd struggle with some of those left hand stretches.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • proggyproggy Frets: 5835
    I'm off to see one of my favourite bands on Saturday, Aussie Floyd. Closest you'll get to the real thing.
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5414
    I'm seeing a Steely Dan tribute band next February that's being fronted by Donald Fagen. Very close approximation of the real deal. Looking forward to it!
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    Whitecat said:
    I'm seeing a Steely Dan tribute band next February that's being fronted by Donald Fagen. Very close approximation of the real deal. Looking forward to it!
    Supported by Steve Winwood? 
  • WhitecatWhitecat Frets: 5414
    joneve said:
    Whitecat said:
    That's the one! 
  • ClashmanClashman Frets: 175
    I wouldn't mind seeing Al Stewart next time he tours, on his website he has published his songs on TAB

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1472
    Whitecat said:
    joneve said:
    Whitecat said:
    That's the one! 
    Aye! Should be good! I'm off to the Brum date with my old man. 
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    Wow .. are they still going? Saw them supporting Marillion in the 1980s .. enjoy the gig. Great band!

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22774
    axisus said:

I don't suppose anyone here is that interested but skip to 3 minutes on this video and you get a typical Pendragon melodic guitar solo. Not everyones thing, but this is musical nirvana live for me.

I wasn't enjoying it, to be honest, but when the bass player kicks in at about 4'10" and it suddenly has a groove, it totally transforms the track.  So I really liked the last half.

I've never heard much Pendragon but I remember the name from many years ago.  They must've done a session on the Friday Rock Show at some point?
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28333
    Well, it was fabulous. Loved it. I finally got to hear them playing Excalibur live - the instrumental that got me into the band way back in 82. It's the one song that I have worked out on guitar myself, and as a bonus I got the plectrum that he played it with! it was a bit damaged so he discarded it at the end of the song and as I was right at the front I grabbed it!
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    Pendragon seemed to have bypassed me, but after listening to that track i've been having a good listen to them.. really enjoyable, thanks for sharing :)