Johnny Marr tour

What's Hot
Anyone been or going? 

Saw him last night in Cardiff and it was superb. The new songs sound great live, and the Smiths songs, just wow. Headmaster Ritual was sublime. Another highlight was Getting Away With It by Electronic. He took it to another level, it was just epic.

The upshot is that I want a Fender Jag badly. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Went to see him in Bath this week. Big JM fan but not so much of his new album so didnt enjoy this tour as much as the last 2. He was great though, good banter, proper guitar hero poses and tight band just not as much of his earlier songs as I would have liked/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • VeganicVeganic Frets: 673
    edited November 2018
    I was in Bath too.
    Not listened to his new album much. 
    The sound was much better than most gigs I have been to lately. 

I really enjoyed it but it is hard to get extremely excited about old blokes striking guitar hero poses. At least he wasn't getting out the 'coustic guitar and the string section and slowing everything down. 

Seeing him get the sustainer out was interesting though.

(The support band were a bit John Shuttleworth plays Pulp. Apologies if any of you are on this board.)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6904
    edited November 2018
    Yes saw him earlier this week in Brum. I really like the new album and Electronic/Smiths songs work really well in the set. I also think he looks pretty cool and pulls of the little bit of stage posturing that he does - it looks natural and not too forced. 
    Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom