Mad Professor Simble Predriver

kswilson89kswilson89 Frets: 222
Has anyone used one of these to good effect? It seems like a nice buffer-ish kind of pedal to have at the end of your signal chain but I'm wondering if it's somewhat limited with no option besides the ''HOT/COOL" switch to increase or reduce its effect.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DominicDominic Frets: 16080
    @Marlin is the man to ask .......he was in love with them
  • Dominic said:
    It seems @Marlin no longer exists
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2423
    Dominic said:
    It seems @Marlin no longer exists
    I think you'll find that's @TheMarlin
  • Matt_McGMatt_McG Frets: 321
    I thought the pre- element of the name meant that is intended to be used near the start of the pedal chain?
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16080
    It is meant to be at the front but can work equally well at the back on lower power
    - I meant The Marlin .......(Paul )
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7822
    Howdo. 
    Technically, it’s a pre amp, and belongs at the very start of the pedal chain.  Don’t put it at the end. A BBE Sonic Stomp belongs at the end. 
    Its a fantastic pedal, it’s a hot or cold Pre amp, makes picking very touch sensitive, bit like a Nocturne Atomic Brain. It does a veriety if things, bumps the pickup output a little, adds a touch of sparkle with enhanced pick attack, and adds a touch of compression to tidy up the bass. 
    i’m no fan of compression, but love the light touch of this pedal. 
    Its by far my favourite pedal, but easy to missinderstand, as it’s effect is subtle. Probably more aimed at clean to ‘natural amp breakup tone’ players than rock and metal players.  It’s all about pick attack. 
    Love it. 
    Marlin 
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1297
    it's a really really good pedal, I stack it with the simble overdrive (I know they do a dual pedal now) and it's really really good on a clean fender voiced amp - however you've got to like that "feel" more than that sound to get the best out of it.
  • Thanks for the replies everyone.
    TheMarlin said:
    Howdo. 
    Technically, it’s a pre amp, and belongs at the very start of the pedal chain.  Don’t put it at the end. A BBE Sonic Stomp belongs at the end. 
    Its a fantastic pedal, it’s a hot or cold Pre amp, makes picking very touch sensitive, bit like a Nocturne Atomic Brain. It does a veriety if things, bumps the pickup output a little, adds a touch of sparkle with enhanced pick attack, and adds a touch of compression to tidy up the bass. 
    Its by far my favourite pedal, but easy to missinderstand, as it’s effect is subtle. Probably more aimed at clean to ‘natural amp breakup tone’ players than rock and metal players.  It’s all about pick attack. 
    Love it. 
    Marlin 
    Does the pedal stack well with other Mad Professor overdrives? I'm thinking of stacking it with the Royal Blue, playing a Gibson ES-339 through a '68 CPR. I'm looking to use this as an always on pedal after having tried two klones. Both klones seemed to add a tremendous amount of hiss when the output was around 12 o'clock. Is there much hiss associated with the Simble Predriver?
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1619
    Mine's gone now and I miss it. I had the Twimble and it was the best thing about the pedal.

Made everything sound better but particularly gave a clean sound more life and punch. Also made a great boost for any OD I had. Don't recall complaining about the hiss 

• TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7822
    Thanks for the replies everyone.
    TheMarlin said:
    Howdo. 
    Love it. 
    Marlin 
    Does the pedal stack well with other Mad Professor overdrives? I'm thinking of stacking it with the Royal Blue, playing a Gibson ES-339 through a '68 CPR. I'm looking to use this as an always on pedal after having tried two klones. Both klones seemed to add a tremendous amount of hiss when the output was around 12 o'clock. Is there much hiss associated with the Simble Predriver?
    Stacks well with all overdrives, all pedals....even my mega fussy fuzz.