Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Eric Clapton -Christmas Album

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2608
in Music tFB Trader

"Happy Xmas" is Clapton’s 24th studio album and his first since 2016’s “I Still Do.” It mixes instantly recognizable holiday classics with lesser-known unique titles along with an original new song “For Love On Christmas Day.” The album also features cover art illustration by Clapton himself.

"I had in my head that these holiday songs could be done with a slight blues tinge, and I started to figure out how to play the blues lines in between the vocals,” said Clapton, who co-produced "Happy Xmas" with longtime music producer Simon Climie. “I got it down and one of the most identifiable songs on the album, the one that became the foundational style, is ‘Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas’.”

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• As many will know on here, I’m an Uber-fan - but this feels a tad cringe-worthy. I think I’ll treat it like his interest in ‘countryside pursuits’ - just pretend it never happened....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Moe_ZambeekMoe_Zambeek Frets: 3422
    edited November 2018
    Hmmm well if nothing else, it’ll give nice arrangement ideas to hundreds of pub-blues-rock bands struggling to get seasonal numbers in the set....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • prowlaprowla Frets: 4921
    Lawd - all we need now is for him to go on the Later Christmas Special, with Jools guesting on twiddley piano.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • AlexCAlexC Frets: 2396
    It will probably be better than the Dylan Xmas album. But then that’s like saying a smack in the face with a brick is better than a smack in the face with a lump of concrete.

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72338
    If you want a good Christmas album, buy Kate Rusby's 'Sweet Bells' instead. I came across it entirely by accident last week and it's absolutely beautiful.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5163
    edited November 2018
    Oh dear...... s
    Love ya Eric but....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3865
    Oh dear. Horrendous.
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2608
    tFB Trader

Lets here what he has to say (not that I think it will help much :) )

• IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6905
    Rabs said:

Is it April 1st?
    Previously known as stevebrum
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2608
    tFB Trader
    Iamnobody said:
    Rabs said:

Is it April 1st?
    I really wish it were  :o
  • HattigolHattigol Frets: 8189
    Tragic.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • martmart Frets: 5205
    Let’s hope it’s not as bad as we fear - because I bet many of us will get given a copy for Christmas by some desperate family member who hasn’t a clue what to get us, but knows that we play guitar and stumbles across this album ....
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Rabs said:

Lets here hear what he has to say (not that I think it will help much :) )

Love his talking voice. A good down to earth London voice. Great to hear a world class rock star with a London accent and not some Hollywood American or Mid-Atlantic (fake) accent. EC has the kind of voice that accompanies a really good chinwag.
  • GrangousierGrangousier Frets: 2636
    edited November 2018
    Sigh. I know the comments are long disavowed, and it was forty years ago, but someone at some point will speculate as to whether the album contains a rendition of I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas so it may as well be me. 
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Rabs said:

"Happy Xmas" is Clapton’s 24th studio album and his first since 2016’s “I Still Do.” It mixes instantly recognizable holiday classics with lesser-known unique titles along with an original new song “For Love On Christmas Day.” The album also features cover art illustration by Clapton himself.

"I had in my head that these holiday songs could be done with a slight blues tinge, and I started to figure out how to play the blues lines in between the vocals,” said Clapton, who co-produced "Happy Xmas" with longtime music producer Simon Climie. “I got it down and one of the most identifiable songs on the album, the one that became the foundational style, is ‘Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas’.”

Bloody hell, I couldn’t make it through the entire song. Truly terrible. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • I am also an admirer of the man work but, to be honest, I think the man's 73 still got a big mortgage on that yacht and three kids to put through school and the clock is ticking in gods waiting room. 

I can say no more than Happy Xmas Eric
  • Blues just ain't christmassy.

I'd also add that he looks godawful with hair that short. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • mmmm could be worse.... Yoko Ono does Xmas in a Bag album 
    “Ken sent me.”