Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Spice Girls Tour Tickets - have you seen the prices?

What's Hot
Even if you have picked up the fact that all bar Mrs Beckham have regrouped to do a money spinning tour, you’re now too late to grab a ticket. They’ve all sold out. Wooo!

Anyway, having read how Mr Bonamassa gouges us, how do you feel about the Spices girls gouging us with VIP tickets at say £306? 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/11/10/spice-girls-fans-vip-tickets-get-100-extra-tote-bag-badge-poster/
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    Yet another really good reason to not even consider the possibility of even thinking about going.... 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28335
    If they sold out then I guess the price was right. They still look like three sexy ladies and Mel B to me.
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3842
    Jeez, those prices were shocking. Looks like loads were snapped up by tout sites. God knows what they’re asking?
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• merlinmerlin Frets: 6674
    axisus said:
    If they sold out then I guess the price was right. They still look like three sexy ladies and Mel B to me.
    Sorry to be a horrible person on a Sunday. They have always looked and sounded terrible to me. They were a self-fulfilling parody of themselves back then, now they're probably a self-fulfilling parody of their own tribute act. Vile.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • axisus said:
    Yep, I have to say I'm a little surprised at the level of demand for a bunch of has-been, bang-average performers. They're playing at the Stadium of Light around the corner from my house and I thought "No chance they'll sell that out" when I saw the tour announced, but I guess the demand is still there for some bizarre reason! 

And I always thought Mel B was the most attractive of the lot, but each to their own!
  • Yes I like the look of Mel B but I didn't like the sound of any of them. Didn't know the tour was on, don't care about the ticket prices as I wasn't going to see them anyway.

Don't knock 'em, they done good and they're not claiming benefits - the only potential downer is they're making some of their money out of them that ARE claiming benefits.
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5153
    I think ‘Spice’ has taken on a different meaning since the 90’s  B)
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 28138
    the only potential downer is they're making some of their money out of them that ARE claiming benefits.
    Should they be vetting their fans so that paupers aren't let in? 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16090
    axisus said:
    Mel B is the only one who is Sexy
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16090
    I went to the last reunion ,mainly because my kids wanted to go and we had front row tickets given to us as 2 of them were clients of my wife's company...........I was dreading it but it was actually brilliant.Mel B did a really good Lennie Kravitz "Wanna go my way"  cover which wasn't what I was expecting.
  • Given how quickly they sold out you could easily argue they were too cheap. It'll be a great show and some of the best pop music of the last 30 years. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12361
    edited November 2018
    The tickets will be going to all the ladies that were fans back in the day, who want to relive their youth. Nothing wrong with that, many of us on here have done the same with bands we liked when we were young. We pay grossly inflated ticket prices too. Hiking what looks to be a large chunk of the ticket prices with dubious “goodies” is just money grabbing though. I wonder if the promoter cleared that with the Spice Girls first (and if they condone it) ? 
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2084
    edited November 2018
    There’s an interesting interview with Steve Tyler where has says how tours “sell out” in hours...not quite true....the management do deals with the promoters who buy loads of tickets for the venues, then sell on at hikes prices, hence most people are usually unable to actually ever get tickets at face value.

this is  a long interview, but interesting...skip to about 1.18 , later on they talk about streaming revenue etc...

https://youtu.be/0HqLk_ZbHmI

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72306
    I’d have actually gone to see them for a bit of a laugh if the prices had been sensible...

I liked Mel B too. Emma Bunton was the only one who could really sing though, going by their solo stuff.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:
    I’d have actually gone to see them for a bit of a laugh if the prices had been sensible...

I liked Mel B too. Emma Bunton was the only one who could really sing though, going by their solo stuff.
    Mel C has a decent voice, the track she did with Bryan Adams was pretty good. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • teradaterada Frets: 5113
    Doesn’t feel right to me without all of them joining in. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    terada said:
    Doesn’t feel right to me without all of them joining in. 
    Mrs Beckham was only ever there for set dressing though, her voice is really weedy. They might as well have put a shop dummy on stage. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    I bought Manics tickets for next year a couple of weeks back, £45 each.

I'm good for now.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm seeing Feeder in Dubai in a couple of weeks. Standing tickets were the cheapest - about 40 each which, out here, is a frickin steal. :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11754
    What are the odds of Christian Horner's ex-wife buying a VIP ticket for a chance to get within stabbing distance of Geri?
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom