tweed deluxe - what should i expect to pay ....

What's Hot
The hawk-eyed amongst you may have spotted my recent WTB for one of the above. So, I'm busily scanning around for either a fender or 'higher end' clones.
It wasn't that long ago that I saw a few pass through here, sub 1000 quid, in the meantime we've had a drop in the £ and US retail prices have increased. But having seen a couple of Fenders - the 2008/11 versions on offer - at a rather exuberant & optimistic 12-1300, I'm beginning wonder. Anyone any recent experiences/pricing they could share?
Ta
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I’ve recently got an MJW Tweed Deluxe.  I bought the cab separately, from Rift (nitro covered solid pine).  All in was under a grand.  It’s top top quality, amazing build.  It’s a standard 5E3 that can take 6L6.  Options would add to the price, but I’d take one if these over a Fender.  I’ll post some clips when I get to it but it sounds fabulous.

The only thing I had to do was fit the chassis and speaker into the cab.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OssyrocksOssyrocks Frets: 1673
    Gartones go for about £1000 if you can snag one, but they don’t come up often. The best clone I have tried so far.
  • munckeemunckee Frets: 12354
    Check out tube tone engineering. U.K. Made and you can get a power regilator all for under a grand. I've never tried one though. 
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5753
    I’ve heard gems and dogs at every price point. 

Going with a bedroom build or small time builder might grab you exactly the sound in your head. Going boutique can end up with a bland nothing of an amp. There is no substitute for spending some time with a few and seeing what floats your goat. 
  • CMW335CMW335 Frets: 2045
    I just listed my original 1953 Champ for £1350 starting price on eBay no reserve. Worth considering a bid in my humble and impartial (understand scepticism on second point) opinion.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom