Rick Beato interviews Peter Frampton

What's Hot
equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6100
Peter Frampton has had a huge amount influence on my guitar playing.

He's an incredibly melodic guitarist and was the player I aspired to be in my mid teens onwards  having grown up with his brilliant work on Humble Pie's 'Performance' , through his solo albums, culminating in his superb 1976  live album 'Frampton Comes Alive'.

Rick is a big fan of him too and recently did a great analysis of the solo in Lines On Your Face from the live album.

Here he is in a newly posted video meeting Peter and chewing the cud over our favourite subject.  :)

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• joeyowenjoeyowen Frets: 4025
    Frampton aside, I'm beginning to like Rick more and more every day.

His knowledge is excellent
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4181
    Rick’s videos are consistently excellent and as a fellow old Gimmer I relate to a lot of his theories and influences
  • Beato is great - and I love Peter Frampton’s playing. He comes across as a decent bloke in this.
  • Very enjoyable - I love that modal thing he does we talked about. Rick's right, it's what sets him apart from Clapton, Page etc. I think Peter takes Rick's fandom and complements really well. Very heartening to hear how much he still reveres Marriott too. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• Great interview.

Peter Frampton helped me discover the Dorian mode, by adding notes to the minor pentatonic. Although it wasn't until years later that I found out that it was called the Dorian mode.

It's not a competition.