Cafe Rouge

What's Hot
Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
Cafe Rouge is crap.

I do not advise you go there.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6386
    In what universe has Cafe Rouge ever not been a pretentious psuedo-French crap hole ? :/
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I feel bad that we didn't point this out earlier.  Shithouses. 

I do serious dislike Café Rouge.  For me they are the Wide Necked Criminals of French cuisine.

My muse is not a horse and art is not a race.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2926
    My ex worked there, and she's a cunt. So yeah, I agree.
    12reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • McTootMcToot Frets: 2042

Never knowingly serving decent food - French or otherwise.  A real shithouse. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder

My trading feedback  - I'm a good egg  ;) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Phil_aka_PipPhil_aka_Pip Frets: 9794
    Tell TripAdvisor
    "Working" software has only unobserved bugs. (Parroty Error: Pieces of Nine! Pieces of Nine!)
    Seriously: If you value it, take/fetch it yourself
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4130
    But they have tarte tatin... :'(
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6386
    But they have a rank, psuedo approximation of tarte tatin... :'(
    fixed it
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    I went there once and heard Stanley Jordan and Wes Montgomery on their CD mix - the food is shit but frankly anywhere that plays those two deserves to stay open..
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4130
    Jalapeno said:
    But they have a rank, psuedo approximation of tarte tatin... :'(
    fixed it
    I don't care, it's a plate full of sugar and I don't have diabetes... yet. :D
  • Mark_RMark_R Frets: 79
    On the subject of restaurants, my colleague has just been to a hotel in Leeds where the restaurant was promoting a 'dip and dive'?? 

At first sounds interesting but its a finger buffet lunch followed by an afternoon swim.  Wrong I know but it sounds more interesting than it is.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    edited April 2014
    Strangely there isn't a Cafe Rouge in Thanet, although having walked up Margate High Street earlier it was Chav Central, and half of them probably can't read English, never mind French. So, I checked out their menu to see what Drew is on about.

"Burger Angus"? Are you kidding me? That's supposed to be French? It's also a good job they've explained what Girasole is, because the frogs will eat anything, and that sounds a bit too close to the output end of something to my liking.

It looks the part, but as it's in the UK, it's probably shite.

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Sorry, French food is generally very overrated.  Living here has highlighted that most of it's 'delicacies'are really just desperation food based on poverty and famine.  Snails - why?, frogs legs - why?  pigs trotters - why?  the tiny amount of protein you get from pigeons, blackbirds etc - why?  OK, Tart Tatin, confit duck, cassoulet, these are very nice indeed, but the rest, NO!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • fatherjackfatherjack Frets: 180
    Strangely there isn't a Cafe Rouge in Thanet, although having walked up Margate High Street earlier it was Chav Central, and half of them probably can't read English, never mind French. 
    There's one in Canterbury if you can get a visa.

I ate there last year, can't remember what I had - just another chain restaurant, I suppose - comme-ci, comme-ca.
    You don't need much knowledge of anatomy to appreciate the fundamental ubiquity of opinions.
  • chillidoggychillidoggy Frets: 17136
    /\ I agree. And cassoulet is gorgeous, but makes me fart something terrible.

• RichardjRichardj Frets: 1538
    Unfortunately (!) we live in Gascony, which is home to cassoulet, confit, armangnac, prunes (one of your five a day, even if they are soaked in armangnac - I said so).  Bordeaux, St Emillion etc are only an hour and a half away.  How I hate it here!
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17588
    tFB Trader
    I used to work in a cafe rouge. It was over priced and shit. Instant mash in food that cost £20 and they did the classic of dicking people by not including veg in the price of meals.Worst job I've ever had
  • KerpunkKerpunk Frets: 75
    I've been once they fucked up the sausages and only served stella on draft.

• menamestommenamestom Frets: 4689

I wouldn't go given the choice, but I went to one a week or 2 ago In Centre Parcs and it was OK. It's entirely possible the feeling of getting out of Centre Parcs was the thing that made it OK, and in a normal universe it would have been shite, but either way it was not bad. The kids disappearing to a play area and a few pints also helped in my OK assessment.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A couple of years ago we went as a family. My dad's steak was terrible, so we complained. He didn't want another meal just to not be charged for it. They asked us if we had a 10% off voucher, and we said no. So to say sorry they gave us 10% off a bill which was less than the cost of the steak, and seemingly everyone else had a 10% off coupon anyway. We pointed out they should just not charge us for the steak but they said they couldn't do that (??). Honestly it tasted off, not to mention it was overcooked. The rest of the food was average at best.
  • FX_MunkeeFX_Munkee Frets: 2477
    edited April 2014
    Richardj said:
    Unfortunately (!) we live in Gascony, which is home to cassoulet, confit, armangnac, prunes (one of your five a day, even if they are soaked in armangnac - I said so).  Bordeaux, St Emillion etc are only an hour and a half away.  How I hate it here!
    One could grow to dislike one...
    and anyway we live near Wigan (mint balls, pies, etc.), but you don't hear me going on and on about it do you...?
    BTW if there's any St Emillion you can't manage to drink, give us a shout OK?
    Shot through the heart, and you’re to blame, you give love a bad name. Not to mention archery tuition.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom