SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Fender Custom 57 Champ £550

What's Hot
shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
The legendary amp for real tone hounds. If you love an authentic blues tone then no amp gets you into that area better than the 5f1 tweed circuit made by Fender. It sounds incredible with a humbucker guitar and those classic Clapton tones are there if you use a Strat. There is no other amp where you set the volume up full and manipulate the tones by utilising your guitars volume and tone or changing your picking dynamics.

This is the amp for blues and roots enthusiasts.

Don’t be fooled by the 5 watts. This is a class A circuit and when driven this thing really howls. 

The amp is totally as the factory made it and is in top condition. 

New these amps are over £900 where as you can buy this one for £550. These don’t come up used that often so this is a chance for a bargain.

Trade wise I’m looking for an AVRI Strat or a Fender Super Reverb and I’m happy to put money towards for the right trade.

I can post this but it will be by your own organisation. I will pack securely but it will be down to you to organise a delivery service. Or of course if not I’m happy to meet to trade.

https://imgur.com/gallery/bB4zDET
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• BrizeBrize Frets: 5629
    Great amp for a great price - I love mine.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dallcorpdallcorp Frets: 139
    edited November 2018
    Nice!
  • MarshallMarshall Frets: 362
    edited November 2018
    Can't see this one hanging around at that price - bargain of the week; will never be parted from mine which goes everywhere with me and gets more use than any other amp I have access to.. glwts

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

• shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    Thanks @Marshall I do think it’s a fabulous sounding amp. What sort of thing are you using yours for?
    Bump
  • Really surprised this is still here, it's a cracking price!
  • Great amp, great price - it's the arranging ones own delivery that may very well be the sticking point. 
    @ourmaninthenorth it’s what I normally do with amps when I buy them. If it helps anyone I can get quotes and explain the options available and the buyer can choose which option suits them best. 

When its posted it will be boxed and as secure as can be. Postage isn’t that expensive on this amp as it’s so light.

I used UPS when I received this amp from @Fretwired and they were great.
  • Fair play Shaun, I really wasn't trying to be critical, more like putting another string in your bow.

Hope someone comes in for it soon. 
    Appreciated totally, its something I never really considered. 

I have been asked asked for the reason for sale so soon after purchasing it which I am more than happy to explain.

Basically I am struggling to use it. Not in terms of using the amp it’s self but I have an 18 month old. I bought the amp as a house amp as I use my Bassman and JTM45 when I’m playing out of the house but as you can imagine they are less than useless in the house. 

I thought the champ would be my tweedy answer to playing at home. It isn’t because to get the magical tone (and it is) it’s not baby asleep quiet. Actually I end up playing unplugged quite often.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5038
    edited November 2018
    Great amp, great price - it's the arranging ones own delivery that may very well be the sticking point. 
    shaunm said:
    @ourmaninthenorth it’s what I normally do with amps when I buy them. If it helps anyone I can get quotes and explain the options available and the buyer can choose which option suits them best. 

When its posted it will be boxed and as secure as can be. Postage isn’t that expensive on this amp as it’s so light.

I used UPS when I received this amp from @Fretwired and they were great.

These days it’s no more difficult for a buyer to arrange a courier to collect something, than it is for a seller to arrange a courier to send something. So this shouldn’t really be a sticking point for buyers, unless they’re particularly non-tech-savvy or can’t be bothered to do the admin, in which case I don’t suppose they really want to buy the item anyway. 

Lovely amp, good luck with the sale.
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    It's easy to ship things these days via Parcel2Go  - just sold something to another forumite and I arranged shipping - he got the item the day after he paid for it. I always make sure I pack things well and label it with 'this way up' and 'fragile' and then photograph it. The local UPS driver told me to do that in the event you have a claim.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • fftcfftc Frets: 559
    Wish I had the spare cash so I could buy this for a stereo set-up.
    The only thing I can imagine being better than a Champ is 2 Champs!
    @fftc I can confirm that it sounds like this with a Bassman and a Thorpy Veteran

https://imgur.com/gallery/VlzoDr1

Or like this clean without the fuzz

https://imgur.com/gallery/FAlaR2K
  • MarshallMarshall Frets: 362
    shaunm said:
    Appreciated totally, its something I never really considered. 

I have been asked asked for the reason for sale so soon after purchasing it which I am more than happy to explain.

Basically I am struggling to use it. Not in terms of using the amp it’s self but I have an 18 month old. I bought the amp as a house amp as I use my Bassman and JTM45 when I’m playing out of the house but as you can imagine they are less than useless in the house. 

I thought the champ would be my tweedy answer to playing at home. It isn’t because to get the magical tone (and it is) it’s not baby asleep quiet. Actually I end up playing unplugged quite often.
    Originally got mine for similar purposes and like you found it to be staggeringly loud for 5w!

Solution is to use a pedal in front that has a volume knob which is at unity around half way (straight up at 12) within it’s range of travel plus a separate gain/master knob. This way you you can dial in your grit at literally whisper volumes if required.

I use a Catalinbread 5f6 for this job which also has a 3 band eq and it is the perfect solution. 

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.” Einstein

Feedback link -  http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/133389/marshall#latest

• ourmaninthenorthourmaninthenorth Frets: 3418
    edited November 2018
    Rather than argue, I'd much prefer to wish you continued luck with your sale. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • StrummyBrummieStrummyBrummie Frets: 265
    edited November 2018
    shaunm said:
    @fftc I can confirm that it sounds like this with a Bassman and a Thorpy Veteran

https://imgur.com/gallery/VlzoDr1

Or like this clean without the fuzz

https://imgur.com/gallery/FAlaR2K
    I wonder what that Bassman would sound like with a Veteran Germanium? Awesome I bet.. 
  • Great amps.

Looks like a great price too.
    I think they retail for a fair bit more than the £900 you mentioned.  Here's a new one going for £1,074.
    https://guitarvillage.co.uk/products/fender-57-custom-champ-lacquered-tweed

GLWTS
  • If I hadn't have bought thebreeze's Rift Tweed 5 I'd be all over this a couple a months ago.

I replaced, the 12AX7 with a12AU7 - absolutely tonal bliss.
  • Can't beat a bit of tweed :-) 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom