SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Need A Tuner For An Epi SG

DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
Helping a friend fix up his Epihone SG G400
and the button has come off of the A string tuner

https://imgur.com/gallery/gz0KDOT

Anyone got one in the parts bin ? 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stuagustuagu Frets: 334
    Hi drbob, 
    Does it matter what the back looks like ? 
    And if havent got one exactly the same , might you be able to use a similar spare iv got , heat up the shaft , get the button off, and stick it back on the epi tuner? 

gu
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    stuagu said:
    Hi drbob, 
    Does it matter what the back looks like ? 
    And if havent got one exactly the same , might you be able to use a similar spare iv got , heat up the shaft , get the button off, and stick it back on the epi tuner? 

gu
    Hi @stuagu thanks for responding.
    For choice you’d go for a correct replacement right ? But practicality would suggest that function over form wins so if you do have something kicking about I’d deffo be interested !

Cheers

Rob
    Il dig the spare tuner box out of the loft later and see if theres anything thatl possibly fit the bill... 
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    edited November 2018
    I have the exact part. Small diameter press-in ferrule. Grey-green keystone button. No logo on the gear housing, just parallel ridges.

https://i.imgur.com/YMltPUa.jpg?1

Cover the postage and you can have the part for free.
    Be seeing you.
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2744
    If FF’s offer doesn’t work I probably have a spare from a Gibson LP you can have.  
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14321
    The modern Gibson Kluson keystone lookalike 'heads use a hex nut and washer through from the front of the headstock. This requires a larger drilled hole than for the part in the Epiphone. 

I suspect that the OP is looking to confine the repair task to the removal of two small screws, a direct part replacement and refastening the screws. 
    Be seeing you.
    it seems mr funkfingers has the exact part, if that doesnt work, iv got a few tuners to try thats may or may not suit. Different colour button tho :( 
  • DrBobDrBob Frets: 2998
    @stuagu @John_P thanks for your offers of help very grateful @Funkfingers message incoming !
    Great, well done guys!