Obtaining drum backing tracks?

What's Hot
Is there a source for obtaining backing tracks for popular songs, particularly the drumming part?  So we can just play rhythym & lead over the top.
   How do you guys go on? I suppose I could use something like Audacity and create my own - but I'm thinking that would be very time-consuming and not very good!  Any suggestions?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• poopotpoopot Frets: 9098
    https://www.karaoke-version.co.uk/ Offers custom backing tracks to quite a lot of tunes!.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • poopot said:
    https://www.karaoke-version.co.uk/ Offers custom backing tracks to quite a lot of tunes!.

This looks pretty good. If I've read it right, I can download an mp3 the song of my choice for two quid in any format; i.e. with the tracks I choose missing. The download any other combination for no extra cost. Is that right? So I can try it with all but drums missing, Singer and Guitar1 only missing, Bass only missing and all three just for the one-off price. Is that right?

Any other suggestions out there?

• kizzerkizzer Frets: 65
    edited November 2018
    If your looking for real stems from albums try (removed as not suitable for PC users).

You'll need to download Audacity to extract the files, but its free.
    Steve922 said:
    poopot said:

This looks pretty good. If I've read it right, I can download an mp3 the song of my choice for two quid in any format; i.e. with the tracks I choose missing. The download any other combination for no extra cost. Is that right? So I can try it with all but drums missing, Singer and Guitar1 only missing, Bass only missing and all three just for the one-off price. Is that right?

Any other suggestions out there?

You can download the individual stems from each song (drums will be mixed tho’)
  • kizzer said:
    If your looking for real stems from albums try here.

I'd be careful with this site. I looked at it and …

On my Windows 10 PC, I soon got the message "Windows has detected a virus... etc.  … ring this number immediately or we'll have to disable your computer and you'll lose your photos, etc."

On my Windows 7 PC after a minute or so, Malwarebytes. blocks the site for trying to display Malvertising (advertising which attempts to load Trojans on your computer.)

It may be a temporary thing .... or maybe not?

• kizzer said:

I'd be careful with this site.

On my Windows 10 PC it gives me the scam warnings that go "Windows has detected virus..... … ring this number or we will disable your computer" etc.

On my Windows 7 PC, Malwarebytes blocks the site after a minute or so for 'Malvertising'

This might be a temporary thing that they don't know about - or maybe not.

• kizzer said:

On my Windows 10 PC, I soon got the message "Windows has detected a virus... etc.  … ring this number immediately or we'll have to disable your computer and you'll lose your photos, etc."

On my Windows 7 PC after a minute or so, Malwarebytes. blocks the site for trying to display Malvertising (advertising which attempts to load Trojans on your computer.)

• kizzer said:

On my Windows 7 PC after a minute or so, Malwarebytes. blocks the site for trying to display Malvertising (advertising which attempts to load Trojans on your computer.)

• kizzer said:

I'd be careful with this site.

On my Windows 10 PC it gives me the scam warnings that go "Windows has detected virus..... … ring this number or we will disable your computer" etc.

On my Windows 7 PC, Malwarebytes blocks the site after a minute or so for 'Malvertising'

This might be a temporary thing that they don't know about - or maybe not.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • kizzer said:

• kizzer said:

I’d say going by the number of posts above... it’s too late dude!... :)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I seem to have developed a stutter  ?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Steve922 said:

I've been using it with a mac and had no problems, I'm afraid I have no experience with a PC.

No problems, the site is just a collection of multi tracks which were ripped from a bunch of games such as Rock band and Guitar Hero. If you search the internet for multi tracks you should find them elsewhere, they come in formats such as mogg and ogg and need the software Audacity to extract the Wav files.
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 2958
    Steve922 said:
    kizzer said:

Whatever you don't click any of the links or ring the number.

Just run whatever antivirus you are using and I bet it comes up with no problems.  Click one of those links and then you will get problems for sure - quite possibly Ransomware.

About 3 years ago I had a very authentic looking Windows message but clicked on the link and got 'ransomed' and lost everything I had on the computer. Basically it just encrypts everything and you have to buy the code to unlock the encryption. Trouble is, if you call them then they will charge more (you're talking hundreds) with no guarantee they'll give you the code.

Plus giving them bank details would open up a whole lot of shit for you too.
  • Yes, its an old scam. I was trying to warn others from accesing it. I've PM'd the one who recommended the site.
  • The remix stems site is fine  I was going to recommend it myself. I just it all the time and it's legit.  
  • JAYJOJAYJO Frets: 1526
    i got this warning when buying a plugin. The site was legit but i got a warning off windows. next thing ive installed some kind of virus cleaner and at the end they want money to get rid of the detected dodgey file. No thanks , I uninstalled it and ran windows defender. no action needed etc etc. 
    The remix stems site is fine  I was going to recommend it myself. I just it all the time and it's legit.  
    Good to hear!
  • I just tried the site again  and got a little further before I got this message...

Your Windows system is damaged

Please, pay attention: Your version of software is damaged and obsolete. As a result, all system files are automatically deleted: 223 seconds                    

Important: Click on the “Update” button to install the newest software to scan and protect your files from being deleted.

Followed by a message box which prevents me leaving the page whatever I do. Indeed- it brings up a new message

Your system is infected with 3 viruses 

Your PC is infected with 3 viruses. Our security check found traces of 2 malware and 1 phishing/spyware. System damage: 28.1% - Immediate removal required!         

...and so on.