Free book to help memorise the Fretboard

One of the Fundamental Changes in Guitar series, free download via this link:

I love my brick
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Nice one. Have been trying to pick which Fretboard book to get. Seems Alexander Joseph's other books are well regarded.

It's only free if you're signed up to KindleUnlimited though it seems. Might try the free trial to check it out. Anyone have any recommendations for other Fretboard learning books that are good?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Kindle. I don't have a kindle.
  • King85King85 Frets: 631
    axisus said:
    Kindle. I don't have a kindle.
    You can get the kindle app for your phone or tablet.
  • GrunfeldGrunfeld Frets: 4038
    Anyone have any recommendations for other Fretboard learning books that are good?
    @MentalSharps -- not a book recommendation but a simple, 100% effective method for learning the notes (if that's what you mean by "fretboard learning".  **
    0)  Allow yourself six weeks, not six days, not six minutes.  It's basically a note-finding routine.  You find one note per click of the metronome.  You do it for five minutes per day. 
    It's an effective method, not a particularly interesting one!
    1)  Day One.  Find the note A between the 1st and 12th fret on each string.  One A per string (obviously); one A per click.
    2)  Day Two.  Find the note B between the 1st and 12th fret on each string. 
    3)  Day Three.  Have a guess what comes next.... 
    4)  Day Eight.  Do it again.  A bit faster. 
    5)  Day Fifteen.  Faster and because you're really bored by now start making it harder, two notes per beat.
    And so on.  Use your loaf an imagination to make it harder and get to the point where you can hold down any chord and just reel the notes off across all six strings.  Congratulations, you know the fretboard.
    The real "secret" is doing 5 minutes a day of methodical and systematic learning.

** I'd been playing over three decades before being arsed to do this.  I wish I'd done it a long time ago.  It's not a game changer but it continues to be highly useful.