I want to start using cubase, any recommendations for tutorials?

What's Hot
Hi
I'm trying to use the bundled cubase with my little Yamaha thr amp (cubase le elements 9). There's loads of information out there. Just wondering if anyone found any particular videos or articles  useful? 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Sound On Sound have "Technique" articles about the main DAWs every month, usually they have useful info:

• PeterOne said:
    Sound On Sound have "Technique" articles about the main DAWs every month, usually they have useful info:

Thank you, that should keep me busy for a while :)
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    There's loads of stuff on youtube - if you really want to get into the details, Club Cubase does some 2 - 3 hour livestreams where people just ask the presenter how to do stuff and he tells them.

As a long term cubase user, my best advice is to get into the keyboard shortcuts as soon as possible, assuming you have a full sized (computer) keyboard with a numberpad. I use them so much I had to get a bloody 65 quid apple keyboard just so I could have  CMD + numberpad number to set the locaters on my macbook pro. CTRL key on a pc so any cheapy keyboard will do.

My favourite shortcuts :-
    space bar                 play/stop
    keypad *                   record
    keypad 1                   go to left locator
    keypad 2                   go to right locator
    keypad /                    loop on/off
    p                                move locators to currently selected part
    q                                quantise
    arrow keys to move selection
    CMD d                       duplicate part
    CMD  k                       repeat part x times

as well as the usual 
    CMD c, CMD v, CMD s, CMD z etc

It really speeds up your workflow.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24601
    edited November 2018
    Steinberg has a tutorial channel on YouTube. Elements LE is a cut down version of Elements but these training courses should help. Just look for Elements.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • Thanks for the replies, hopefully will get some time to get stuck into it over the weekend. The keyboard shortcuts are really useful I had been using the * record shortcut, much easier than trying to quickly  click the icon with the mouse with a guitar in your lap.