NP - the search begins. . .

What's Hot
Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7670

I reckon that I've got almost everything I want now, even to the point of selling one or two!

Now, having said that, I'm sure the urge to buy (and the funds to allow it to happen) will return at some point, so I'm going to use this thread as somewhere to save links to anything interesting I might discover and for anyone who sees something I might like to buy to let me know :)

There are one or two caveats - the main one is cost, I'm not currently tempted to spend much more than £250 for anything, which rules out a number of recent releases, unless one comes along s/h or someone finds a pedal that is so incredible that the cost is justifiable. The other is obvious ;) - I'm not after drive pedals or anything that's not "out of the ordinary" unless it's a V1 Subdecay Quantum Starlight Flanger (I had one, still miss it).

So, currently my wishlist is:

Subdecay Quantum Starlight Flanger

Red Panda Tensor (not completely sure I want one, but nevertheless)

Lida Machine

. . . and that's it. Some pedals have been and gone from the list, often because I bought something similar.

Sometimes it's as much fun looking as it is buying ;)
"I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7670

Ooh, just thought of one: Dwarfcraft Hax 2
  • SporkySporky Frets: 27569
    Alesis Bitrman. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • webrthomsonwebrthomson Frets: 1029
    edited December 2018
    Boss Waza dimension, Friedman wha, wmd gigercounter, Revv G3
  • timbuk02timbuk02 Frets: 271
    I don't understand it, but get the feeling you might! The Prism 9

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • gringopiggringopig Frets: 2648
    edited July 2020

Things are becoming desperate - I got slightly giddy when a Tensor was put up for sale the other day, but decided eventually that it didn't do enough for the money that was different to what I can do with what I already have.

I looked at the Prism - 9 which sounds nice, but fell at the same hurdle as the Tensor.

There's a Bitrman on ebay but I couldn't bring myself to part with £130 for it, and my latest idea, the EQD Interstellar Orbiter also seemed to give very little for £200 over my £20 Line 6 Otto filter (which I still haven't properly tried out, if I'm honest - that's the trouble when you buy them cheap).

So. . .  I really can't bring myself to buy anything.

I'm worried.

• VJIvesVJIves Frets: 466
    I got an Interstellar Orbiter for £100 off facebook ages ago, it remains the least fun I've had with an EQD pedal and we parted ways soon after.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

I discovered this morning why pedal buying was a struggle yesterday, forgot my meds !

Much more cheerful today, bought a pedal :)

@VJIves won't be backing my choice as I recall him selling his fairly quickly, but a s/h Alexander Pedals Colour Theory will be on the way soon.

Phew!
    Hey come on now, I liked the Colour Theory in, well, theory, but I fundamentally misinterpreted what it does. I wrongly thought that you could add one of the effects to each separate step in the sequence, but in reality you can only add one effect at a time to the whole thing. It's a shame cos I'd got some insane riffs planned out in my head.

I reckon once they're widely available you'd benefit more than most from a DBA Total Sonic Annihilation 2. Fresh sounds out of all 5,000 of your pedals!

I've cut the number of pedals right back !

Just the bare minimum of 24 at the moment.

I do have a feedback looper pedal, currently only used for the Miku - I think I better try one or two others through it before splashing out on the TSA2 - maybe I have something exciting here already that I didn't know I had ;) 
    edited January 2019

I tried out a couple of pedals through the feedback looper earlier - the Devi Ever BDSM, which howled like a banshee and the CSIDMAN, which was excellent.

So future sessions will have to involve occasional pedal-swapping to see what else is possible . . . hurrah!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23906
    You need some sort of giant Boss ES8 with 24 loops in it so you can swap the pedal order with a switch. 

That would be interesting, but an ES8 costs enough as it is !

Anyway, re-arranging pedals is a bit like swapping my bedroom furniture around as a kid - something to be enjoyed, not rushed !
  • Surely a bored brain patchulator would be right up your street.

I've considered one a couple of times, but I'd rather spend the money on a pedal :)

The Colour Theory arrived this morning and I gave it a brief play - it made enough weird noises to convince me it was a good buy, though I wish the LED wasn't quite so blindingly bright!

I also need to work out where in the chain to put it, probably nearer the beginning than the end, but lots of them are like that and they can't all be first.
    Paul_C said:

Things are becoming desperate - I got slightly giddy when a Tensor was put up for sale the other day, but decided eventually that it didn't do enough for the money that was different to what I can do with what I already have.

I looked at the Prism - 9 which sounds nice, but fell at the same hurdle as the Tensor.

Prism-9 ordered ;)

I've been running my Bakvendt through the looper along with the CSIDMAN and having a lot of fun,and while it's already made some fun noises, I've not got a proper feel for the Colour Theory yet, so I might need an evening using very little else so I can start to see what's really possible with it.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 23906
    Just listened to a demo of the Prism 9.

Not sure I'd have a single idea what to do with it - but somehow I'm very glad it exists.

Prism-9 arrived this morning - a quick play suggests that it'll be very good for ambient water-colour washes, unlike the horrific screams from the Raygun Youth kit that I finished building last night :) Both will be a lot of fun.

As an awful lot of the new "interesting" pedals are out of range of my available funds, I shall probably be adding to my kit pedal buying if any spare cash becomes available.
    Are you going to grab the new version of the Particle, Paul? I guess the main improvements are probably more aimed at people using it live.