Shure SRH1440 for mixing

domforrdomforr Frets: 326
edited December 2018 in Studio & Recording
Has anyone used these headphones for mixing before? I've been using them but haven't seen much about how good they are for mixing so was considering upgrading to the SRH1840 which seem to be very well reviewed. Not sure if there would be a big difference though?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• domforrdomforr Frets: 326
    Should say I'm also using the sonar works headphone correction software and a crossfeed vst as well
  • wave100wave100 Frets: 150
    Sorry, I don't personally know the phones you're talking about, but if your mixes sound as you expect on different playback systems, then they are good for mixing. A big part of it is being familiar with their sound.
    I use AKG K550 cans which I find good for mixing on as they are not too hyped in the bass.
    Good point about being familiar with them (which I am). I've actually ordered the Shure SRH1840's to see if there's much difference. If not I'll just send them back. It's the not knowing that drives you mad :-)
  • How did you find sonarworks? I didnt really like it much
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • sweepysweepy Frets: 4159
    I have the 1840’s lovely clean and articulate phones that don’t get too “shouty” when pushed
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2393
    The 1840s are lovely, I've not tried the 1440s though.
    How did you find sonarworks? I didnt really like it much
    Actually, it was the Toneboosters Morphit which I'm using. I also didn't like Sonarworks much, but I'm finding Morphit useful and also cheaper. Looks like 1840's are a winner, so looking forward to trying them out.