OIl City Christmas sale ... 20% off Masterwound range!

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10248
edited December 2018 in Made in the UK tFB Trader
Hello chaps ... time for my grand christmas sale ... spreading a bit of good cheer and all that.

This year it's on my Masterwound series only, but is a healthy 20%.
The rules are the same as previous years: order within the sale period for delivery by the end of January/first week of feb. This allows for all the pickups to be hand made to order for you ... and now it's even easier to pay:use the discount code OILYSANTA and select from any of my Masterwound range ... then pay either by PayPal or with your credit card! Sale period is from right now till midnight Dec 24th

PS ... if you cant run to masterwound ... there will be a whole lot of workshop clearout pickups popping up in the classifieds from tomorrow!
Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    Interesting ....... I don't 'need' anything right now but maybe I should plan out what I might need in the next couple of years.
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14410
    If an instrument trade I am negotiating comes off, I shall be after a neck/middle pair of equal length polepiece Stratocaster type pickups to compliment a Diamond Geezer model. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10248
    edited December 2018 tFB Trader
    If an instrument trade I am negotiating comes off, I shall be after a neck/middle pair of equal length polepiece Stratocaster type pickups to compliment a Diamond Geezer model. 
    Being as the sale is Masterwound ... then you can have whatever stagger you want ... no extra charge ... and a pair of Route 66 would sort you :-)

axisus said:
    Interesting ....... I don't 'need' anything right now but maybe I should plan out what I might need in the next couple of years.
    Well, with the way things are going with our US imported materials prices can only rise further in 2019 
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

Rethink.

What would it cost to build another Masterwound Diamond Geezer model, similar to the one in this workshop clearout sale thread except with a rod magnet length stagger pattern "borrowed" from the Seymour Duncan STK-10B YJM Fury?
    edited December 2018 tFB Trader
    £63.00 minus christmas discount (I'll work that out later) plus postage. You'd have to send me the magnet length specs to see if I have them in stock.
    It looks like a fairly standard 'modern stagger' to me ... and the rod magnet length on the Duncans will be long to accommodate the stack humbucker design ... a non stacked design will use shorter magnets anyway.

• This is a great offer for fab pickups....I took advantage of the last sale to buy a set of Masterwound "Beano" HB's, unpotted, for my Heritage and there is no way that they are ever coming out. Fantastic pickups.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Brilliant, just ordered a P90 for my GSP LP Jr build.

Roll on the New Year

• tone1tone1 Frets: 5141
    I’ve got Masterwound blues in my Strat... And they aren’t going anywhere... :)
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6768

Brilliant, just ordered a P90 for my GSP LP Jr build.

Roll on the New Year

Cool, Which one did you get? I want a HB sized mighty ninety but don’t think they are masterwound.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    £63.00 minus christmas discount (I'll work that out later) plus postage.
    That would have been fine. Unfortunately, my car has broken down for the second time in three days with the same fault. I need to scrape together all of my funds to either get my car fixed or to obtain a sawn-off shotgun to extract revenge on the flaky car dealership.
    tFB Trader
    £63.00 minus christmas discount (I'll work that out later) plus postage.
    That would have been fine. Unfortunately, my car has broken down for the second time in three days with the same fault. I need to scrape together all of my funds to either get my car fixed or to obtain a sawn-off shotgun to extract revenge on the flaky car dealership.
    Well you can be the first to hear that there will be some substantial discounts in conjunction with our attending the Birmingham Guitar Show. 

• Well that's my Christmas present to myself sorted out then :)

I've been toying with swapping the bridge pickup in my B6 to the blackbird Ulfberht, which I've got in another guitar, for a while now - ordered :)
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 615
    I will be after a bridge strat pickup to go in my Fraser guitar... I'm looking for something a lot more powerful than what is in ...the guitar is based on a 64 strat...I know o have a base plate coming from you but I have a feeling that alone won't be enough ..
  • did try contacting via the website a few days ago to make sure I ordered the right spec, didn't hear anything back and so tried calling but just got voice mail, so think I missed the boat! happy xmas none the less !
  • mrkb said:

Brilliant, just ordered a P90 for my GSP LP Jr build.

Roll on the New Year

Cool, Which one did you get? I want a HB sized mighty ninety but don’t think they are masterwound.
    I got the Jin-go, masterwound. Figured I’d go for that as with the discount it came out cheaper than the std line.