Oil City Masterwound Double-X pickup

OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10225

As you probably know ... I have a really soft spot for Teles ... I own four of them ... and make a huge range of Tele replacement pickups. 
This one is a bit special: I've taken the knowledge and experience of producing the tapped Wapping Wharf, with it's mixed alnico 2 and alnico 5 magnets for crisp A5 bass and singing top strings, the Cal .53 Strat pickup with it's mixed A5 and A3 magnets, and applied all that to making my most advanced Tele bridge offering. 
The Double-X uses two different wire diameters and two different magnet types to produce a twangy sixties lower power pickup (like my Summer of Love 67) that can become a boosted early Broadcaster pickup at the flick of a switch. 

Spec: Bass D,A and E strings Alnico 5 magnets, top three strings Alnico 3.
Low output DCR: 7.6k
High output: DCR 13k
Gun blued baseplate, cloth pushback wire.
Custom stagger. 

So now you have my Diesel Tap: a hotter 60s style pickup with an even hotter second power output.
My Wapping Wharf: A Broadcaster style pickup with a hotter Broadcaster style output.
And my Double-X: a Lower output sixties style pickup ... but with a tamed top end (so no Ice pick) and a big early 50s mid boost on it's hot output. 

If anyone wants to be the first to own one of these ... in fact the one in the picture ... keep an eye on the classifieds, as I'm popping it in there :-)
Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom