SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD McLaren F1 sales brochure from 1992

What's Hot
goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152
edited December 2018 in Misc £
This is the brochure used to promote the original McLaren F1 supercar at its launch in 1992. Very rare. Still in its original white presentation box where it's been for 26 years, so in superb condition.

Price: £350 shipped in mainland UK.

Photos to show condition to follow, but it's the same brochure as this one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/McLaren-F1-Brochure-Softcover-1992/253982859679

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• goldtopgoldtop Frets: 6152

Going over it with a very critical eye, I can see one flaw on one of the gatefold pages, where a 3mm or so area of one corner has been creased:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Did you buy the car in the end?
    edited December 2018
    I wanted an estate version, and that nice Mr Murray shouted about something called Low Polar Moment of Inertia and a very posh bouncer kicked me out.
    Hah! Some cheeky fekkers have LOLled my advert. :o

Well, he who laughs last, etc: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/132882808434 ;)

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GagarynGagaryn Frets: 1553
    Laughing all the way to the bank! (I lol'd your last post, but not your first).

A bit more down market, but I noticed in 2002 that MINI accessory catalogues were selling for £25 BIN on eBay so the next time I was in the dealers I took a bundle of them from the display (about 20 of 'em) and sold them all. I still have no idea why people were buying them. Folk are daft!
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3902
    I have a load of old car brochures, nothing as flash as this but I'm going to see how much they're going for now. Nice one Goldtop.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    edited December 2018
    When I was at school, I used to send letters to car manufacturers asking for their brochures such as Ford, BMW, Mercedes, Aston Martin and so on – they all came back to me with a glossy mag containing a lust-worthy centrefold. It never occurred to me send one to McClaren...
    Yes, I also did that schoolboy thing of sending letters for car brochures. Some were stunning - Panther, Rolls Royce, etc - I presume the marketing person mistook my scruffy scrawl for the can't-be-bothered writing style of someone minted. :)

I even liked the Peugeot ones (I was going to get a 604 'when I grew up'!). Unfortunately, the collectibility of most of mine were ruined by postie folding them double to get them through the letter box. This McLaren one is super-special - I was gutted when I saw that I'd somehow put that tiny corner crease on the first gatefold.

@Gargaryn - good work. The Mini is iconic, and I suppose some people obsess?