Comments

• NelsonPNelsonP Frets: 3395
    edited January 2019
    Set your budget:
    <£300 katana
    <£600 atomic amplifire or line 6 hx stomp
    <£800 helix lt
    >£800 helix, axe fx or kemper

You can either use headphones or an frfr speaker. Frfr options are plentiful but look at alto ts, laney itrx/lfr112, line 6 powercab, yamaha dxr, atomic clr, qsc k12.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72321
    edited January 2019
    Hydra19 said:

Marshall ... 50th anniversary 1 watters
    Just don't.

The Vibroverb sounds better at any volume. In fact almost anything sounds better at any volume. The prices are completely laughable too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• boz_hboz_h Frets: 53
    +1 for the Torpedo Captor. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • fastonebazfastonebaz Frets: 4094
    @Hydra19 just get a vox amplug lead.  I bought one is brilliant for noodling around on headphones with an external source in as well,  whilst sat in the lounge gazing at the tv at the same time.   Brilliant gadget. 
  • ionianionian Frets: 100
    On a budget I went for a vox pathfinder 10 and a zoom g1xon - but it may not be the tones you're looking for. 
  • MentalSharpsMentalSharps Frets: 165
    edited January 2019
    Hydra19 said:
    Now I'm looking at the Marshall DSL range or the 50th anniversary 1 watters. I think I can sell my Vibroverb, it doesn't get mused much and I would much rather have an amp that I can use more often
    Have you looked into using your existing amps with a loadbox and monitors at all? 2nd most common suggestion on this thread after Helix :)

• Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 325
    I don't think I will sell the Vibroverb as it does sound great clean. I think it's just that the speakers don't like distortion so it doesn't exactly sound like a Marshall with an overdrive pedal but the cleans are great and at any volume
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    Helix plus monitors does the job for me. I even choose to use headphones sometimes over monitors. 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72321
    Hydra19 said:
    I don't think I will sell the Vibroverb as it does sound great clean. I think it's just that the speakers don't like distortion so it doesn't exactly sound like a Marshall with an overdrive pedal but the cleans are great and at any volume
    If it’s still got the stock speakers, they’re terrible - replacing them would probably make it sound even better clean as well as taking pedals better.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    Anybody tried the Nextone yet?
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 325
    I have not tried a Nextone but I'm waiting to read more reviews, might make the Artist Katana obsolete.
    Anyway, I'm waiting delivery on a Marshall JCM1C, 1 watt 50th anniversary!!!