Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Been hankering for a PRS....but not at this price!

What's Hot

Comments

• HattigolHattigol Frets: 8176
    deano said:
    So people who own PRS guitars are boring and tasteless (presumably because anyone who buys something that isn't cool is pretty much the standard definition of lacking in taste). That must be pleasant reading to PRS owners on this site.
    Hello @deano Lovely to hear from you.

Did you read my comment properly? If you had, you will see I was commenting on where I thought the 'dentist' jibe came from. I wasn't (on this occasion) saying it was correct, merely what I believed was the source of it.

But feel free to correct me if yet again my opinion is wrong and you have the 'ACTUAL FACTS' to hand :-)
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Surely the latest PRS’s should be the best as Paul has an extra 35 years experience of building them?
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • deanodeano Frets: 622
    edited December 2018
    Hattigol said:
    deano said:
    So people who own PRS guitars are boring and tasteless (presumably because anyone who buys something that isn't cool is pretty much the standard definition of lacking in taste). That must be pleasant reading to PRS owners on this site.

Did you read my comment properly? If you had, you will see I was commenting on where I thought the 'dentist' jibe came from. I wasn't (on this occasion) saying it was correct, merely what I believed was the source of it.

But feel free to correct me if yet again my opinion is wrong and you have the 'ACTUAL FACTS' to hand :-)
    You have said (I can't remember whether it was this thread or the other PRS one) that you thought the reasons given in the thread (you enumerated them well I thought) were wrong and the actual reason PRS guitars were not popular was because they were not cool.

That is what you said. Do you deny that or would you like me to dig out the quote?

Ergo, if someone buys something that is not cool, they must be somehow lacking in taste. That they are tasteless.

What I find tiresome is the skirting around the issue, the lack of courage to say PRS owners are tasteless. It is what some are itching to say but they lack the courage to actually say it. It's clear that is what is meant by a simple reading back over the thread, but it seems nobody is prepared to actually say those words.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Oh here we go again, TIS THE SEASON OF PEACE UNDERSTANDING AND WE DONT NEED A  FIREFIGHT
    www.maltingsaudio.co.uk
    deano said:
    Hattigol said:
    deano said:

You have said (I can't remember whether it was this thread or the other PRS one) that you thought the reasons given in the thread (you enumerated them well I thought) were wrong and the actual reason PRS guitars were not popular was because they were not cool.

That is what you said. Do you deny that or would you like me to dig out the quote?

Ergo, if someone buys something that is not cool, they must be somehow lacking in taste. That they are tasteless.

What I find tiresome is the skirting around the issue, the lack of courage to say PRS owners are tasteless. It is what some are itching to say but they lack the courage to actually say it. It's clear that is what is meant by a simple reading back over the thread, but it seems nobody is prepared to actually say those words.
    What I actually said in the other thread was:

"...they look shit and are the antithesis of cool".

Apologies if you view that as 'skirting around the issue' and 'lacking the courage to actually say' what I feel about them. I'll try and get off the fence on the subject once I'm feeling braver.
    "Anybody can play. The note is only 20%. The attitude of the motherf*cker who plays it is  80%" - Miles Davis
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3964
    Maybe you just haven't posted it in quite enough threads yet to show you really mean it.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    deano said:
    Hattigol said:
    deano said:

How can you actually be upset that people repeat a meme - for a laugh - that a brand of guitars are for dentists?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    prlgmnr said:
    Maybe you just haven't posted it in quite enough threads yet to show you really mean it.
    If I get any more grief on here, I'm going to make a formal complaint.

I've already found the appropriate website: https://www.gdc-uk.org/patients/raising-a-concern ;
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2331
    A study in the US found that only 4% of dentists played guitar. 
  • Strat54 said:
    But what percentage of that 4% play PRS guitars? ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 11811
    Strat54 said:
    That is some random survey.

What is your profession?

Do you play guitar?

is it a PRS guitar? lol

• Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2331
    No it was from a company with 30k CV's on record. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24578
    Logie said:
    Hmm, I'm on the lookout for a 24. Might give him a call.......or go and buy that yacht I've had my eye on. Choices, choices....
    This one?

• Plumbers are the new dentists.
  • Plumbers are the new dentists.
  • thegummythegummy Frets: 4389
    Plumbers are the new dentists.
    Chapman is the new PRS
  • As said this is one for collectors 
    I have never had an issue with the HFS and Vintage Bass or felt the need to change. Sweet switch was a period thing. All that said build quality today is much better off the line than these early guitars as PRS have got way better for building guitars for nearly 35 years. 

So not one I would covet. 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10103
    edited December 2018
    Strat54 said:

95% of them. The other, cool 5% play Gibson’s. ;)
  • fandangofandango Frets: 2204
    Surely the latest PRS’s should be the best as Paul has an extra 35 years experience of building them?
    By that logic, Gibson should by far be the best made guitars in the world.
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12645
    Strat54 said:

95% of them. The other, cool 5% play Gibson’s. ;)
    Oh but that can’t be right... Gibson QC, according to the Internet (so it must be 100% accurate) is terrible. The neck angles are all wrong, the finishes aren’t well applied and they don’t stay in tune according to all I’ve read on the subject. So it must be true, mustn’t it?

Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.