Telecaster broadcaster pickup advice.

markjmarkj Frets: 914
I've got a new Fender original 50's telecaster fitted with pure vintage 52 pickups. quite interested in changing them to a broadcaster set. Would I get much change in the tone? any comments, advice welcome.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SRichSRich Frets: 762
    edited December 2018
    I have a Baja 50’s Tele with the (standard) Broadcaster in the bridge. Although I spend most of the time in the Twisted Tele neck position, the Broadcaster does well, but still a little ice-pick for me.

There will be many more opinions along in a sec, but an under wound Lollar would be my ideal replacement or there are many more pickup builders hereabouts which will get you where you want to be.

"There's things I want, there's things I think I want 
    There's things I've had, there's things I wanna have" 
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10273
    tFB Trader
    markj said:
    I've got a new Fender original 50's telecaster fitted with pure vintage 52 pickups. quite interested in changing them to a broadcaster set. Would I get much change in the tone? any comments, advice welcome.
    Most certainly you would ... more mids and grunt from Broadcaster style over 'Nocaster style' if they are made the way Fender did back in the day.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• markjmarkj Frets: 914
    markj said:
    Most certainly you would ... more mids and grunt from Broadcaster style over 'Nocaster style' if they are made the way Fender did back in the day.
    Which of your pickups would suit Ash.
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10273
    tFB Trader
    markj said:
    markj said:
    Which of your pickups would suit Ash.
    My Fortyniner is a Broadcaster type: 43awg wire, alnico 3 magnets.
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14196
    tFB Trader
    markj said:
    will endorse that - many 'budget' Tele bridge pick-ups sound to clangy without any guts - Good Broadcaster pick up should enrich your TEle
  • I have an old Seymour Duncan Broadcaster bridge pickup which I bought in the 1990s. It’s currently in a custom built swamp ash body/rosewood fingerboard Tele but it’s been in various Telecasters over the years and has always great.