Is there a way

What's Hot
RockerRocker Frets: 4978
of transferring a picture received on my iPhone via Whatsapp to my computer running Windows 10? I tried the charging cable and the computer does not see any directories on the iPhone. Thanks
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33783
    Email them to yourself.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2749
    Email the pic from your phone to yourself and then dl on the computer? 

Probably plenty of more elegant solutions but that’s how I do it. 
  • BridgehouseBridgehouse Frets: 24579
    Use WhatsApp web and download it directly on your win10 machine..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Use WhatsApp web and download it directly on your win10 machine..
    This is probably easiest.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33783
    ^^^ Rocker is an old person though, so downloading an app and using a QR code to authenticate might beyond his abilities. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72256
    Dropbox. Copy the photo into it, then it will automatically be available to the PC.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

octatonic said:
    ^^^ Rocker is an old person though, so downloading an app and using a QR code to authenticate might beyond his abilities. :)
    True, but if using WhatsApp web you won’t have to negotiate the “what size do you want to send it?” Faff with an email or text 
  • randellarandella Frets: 4167
    octatonic said:
    True, but if using WhatsApp web you won’t have to negotiate the “what size do you want to send it?” Faff with an email or text 
    The Win 10 WhatsApp client is pretty good too, the QR authentication is bog-simple. 

Other than that, the cloud is your friend. Dropbox. 
  • robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3436
    edited December 2018
    We had a big problem with music from I Tunes a few years back, our windows computer didn't know what the hell was going on, in the end I had to reformat it all to be able to transfer it, I ended up telling the missus to shove her I Phone up her arse, which she didn't, its the only apple device in our house and the only device that I want to chuck out a window, they never work properly, become outdated every year and break easily, usually after an update and just before the newest model comes out on the market. 

Win 10 Wattsapp is a good bit of kit, a Microsoft phone if you have a win 10 PC is a much better idea. I use a Nokia Lumia 640 LTE, not top of the range by any means but the integration with my PC is really good, really really good, its a great phone too, and for 35 quid from eBay its a no brainer while running a Windows Pc.
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1100
    robgilmo said:
    We had a big problem with music from I Tunes a few years back, our windows computer didn't know what the hell was going on, in the end I had to reformat it all to be able to transfer it, I ended up telling the missus to shove her I Phone up her arse, which she didn't, its the only apple device in our house and the only device that I want to chuck out a window, they never work properly, become outdated every year and break easily, usually after an update and just before the newest model comes out on the market. 

Win 10 Wattsapp is a good bit of kit, a Microsoft phone if you have a win 10 PC is a much better idea.
    You say iPhones are crap and recommend a Windows phone instead?

Jesus wept...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    You could try putting one drive on your apple phone, that would work. I even think Edge is now available for Apple devices, I have both on my Android tablets.
  • skunkwerxskunkwerx Frets: 6870
    Download imgur from the app store. 

Upload pics to imgur, keeps your phone free of clog too, then go on imgur website, log in, download em. 

Its my version of a 'cloud' lol. 
    The only easy day, was yesterday...
    Foster said:
    robgilmo said:

Win 10 Wattsapp is a good bit of kit, a Microsoft phone if you have a win 10 PC is a much better idea.

Jesus wept...
    If you have a Windows computer, yes, if you weren't reading my post on an I phone you might have understood it better
    edited December 2018
    robgilmo said:
    Foster said:
    robgilmo said:

Jesus wept...
    If you have a Windows computer, yes, if you weren't reading my post on an I phone you might have understood it better
    FWIW, I have had iPhones exclusively since the original 3G - always work and home phones, they get absolutely hammered as I’m a heavy user. I’ve never had one break, nor have I experienced issues post update after a new phone is released. 

Itunes has been ropey on win10 for years - which is partly apple’s fault and partly Microsoft’s.. but to be fair to apple they have never managed to screw over their user base in the same way that Microsoft did with Zune.....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I've never even heard of Zune, but there are umpteen cases of out of date I Phones not working anymore. Microsoft are also guilty of this, my own phone is stuck on 1703 and I'm not sure if it will ever be able to load 1709, there are ways to get around it by tricking the phone into thinking it's a different one but it works and is still supported so I'm happy with it. It still talks to the latest edition of ten on my Pc. Having an IPhone and Windows Pc is just restricting compatibility and doesn't make much sense to me unless compatibility isn't something you actually need.
    robgilmo said:
    I've never even heard of Zune, but there are umpteen cases of out of date I Phones not working anymore. Microsoft are also guilty of this, my own phone is stuck on 1703 and I'm not sure if it will ever be able to load 1709, there are ways to get around it by tricking the phone into thinking it's a different one but it works and is still supported so I'm happy with it. It still talks to the latest edition of ten on my Pc. Having an IPhone and Windows Pc is just restricting compatibility and doesn't make much sense to me unless compatibility isn't something you actually need.
    Good job I have Mac and iPad/iPhone then ;)
    How does Android get along with Apple? Microsoft are trying to get compatibility with Android devices but they are not quite there yet, well, not for me anyway.
    robgilmo said:
    How does Android get along with Apple? Microsoft are trying to get compatibility with Android devices but they are not quite there yet, well, not for me anyway.
    What compatibility is important to you?
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7754

I've got a Trimphone and a BBC Micro.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    edited December 2018
    I find lots of things useful , one drive for instance really works for me, picking up where I left off is also quite useful, Cortana is great, asking my Pc to write and send a text just by talking to it and it will then use my mobile to do so, or an EMail, I can ask it to open certain apps or play music, apparently they have stopped Groove , I never used it anyway, I use JRiver on my Pc and have gizmo on my Android devices and nMedium on my phone, two zones, main on Pc and second system on a laptop in the conservatory, so for music, films etc its pretty decent. I also like the fact that I can grab what ever I want from Pc to phone when I am out and about, dead handy when you are on holidays and need to get files off your home computer. I am pretty sure all this can be done on most operating systems though. Edge on Android looks good, its based on Chrome, I just cant get it to work on my Samsung or Asus tablets, the new windows 10 Samsung pro 12'' tablet does look very tasty though.Another thing I quite like is the way I can snap a photo or video on my phone and its instantly there on my Pc, thats really handy.