Did anyone buy a Nextone?

TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
Was wondering whether any forumites went for one of these? 

Quality of the online demos seems to every variable and I've not been to a town with a proper shop since they were released 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17485
    tFB Trader
    For a product launch by a big brand like Boss I've heard virtually nothing about these.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 11669
    I suspect a bit of a failure with these.

They should have tried a Katana branded effort, essentially a "Katana Nextone" which retained all the FX etc but added the multiple power amps as a feature...
    We have to be so very careful, what we believe in...
    tFB Trader
    I've just had a look around and I can only find one person claiming to own one on TDPRI and a couple on TGP.

It does seem like an appealing feature set, but maybe it's too much of a halfway house between a Katana and a Blues Cube for people to understand what it's for.
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7349
    When I heard about them it seemed Like what the Blues Cube could have been if they weren't trying to gouge people to pay for the tone capsules 
    Red ones are better. 
  • SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1926
    TimmyO said:
    When I heard about them it seemed Like what the Blues Cube could have been if they weren't trying to gouge people to pay for the tone capsules 
    That's what I thought and you'd have to buy a multi FX to go with. Gain sounds don't sound too great in the demos, but I want to see who tries it in person.
    tFB Trader
    Schnozz said:
    TimmyO said:
    That's what I thought and you'd have to buy a multi FX to go with. Gain sounds don't sound too great in the demos, but I want to see who tries it in person.

It has reverb, delay, trem and boost so I'd gig it without pedals