Songs by my band. Feedback welcomed

What's Hot
CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 882
edited January 2019 in Making Music
Hi all

Let me know what you think to these. Pink Floyd meets the Black Angels with a bit of Hawkwind and lennon mixed in. Looking for collaborators and mixers. 

Listen to Once Around The Sun - FraZer's CHILL ReMIX - Noodles on Guest Vocals by Vietnam Flashbacks #np on #SoundCloud

Listen to Cherry Cola Mix 2 by Vietnam Flashbacks #np on #SoundCloud

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CookiemonsterCookiemonster Frets: 882
    edited December 2018
    Would like to know which tracks you like. What can be improved in the mixes and if anyone wants to collaborate on some tracks in the new year

Either mixing or adding another instrument or voice. We always wanted this to be like death on Vegas or one giant leap. Where people collaborate on the music

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2393
    edited December 2018
    Maybe it's the remix, but they didn't really sound like the work of the same band! The first one is quite Floyd-y, but what it really reminds me of is The Rain Parade. Cherry Cola sounds more like the Psychedelic Furs or something.

I like the songs and the singing on Cherry Cola. I don't think the mixes are quite there yet though. It sounds like endless effects have been piled onto everything and the results are a bit indistinct and mushy. The bass guitar is too loud, there's too much reverb, and none of the other instruments has any power to them. Also, what's with the off-centre vocal panning?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for feedback. It's different singers. But otherwise the same people. I agree with the mix thing. I think they do need redoing.

The original cherry Cola was very JAMC but when we recorded it somehow it came out different

• I don't really know the rain parade 

• StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2393
    I'll PM you with a suggestion about mixing, but in the meantime, do check out the Rain Parade, I reckon they might be right up your street.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks. I will check them out.  I don't know much about that paisley movement.

I did quite like the elephant 6 collective music. Apples in stereo strawberry fire is terrific. I don't know if you have heard that. 

• Listen to Ocean Wave by THe WNO by Vietnam Flashbacks #np on #SoundCloud

Listen to Great Expectations by Vietnam Flashbacks #np on #SoundCloud

Couple more.