Using K&K pure mini with existing onboard preamp

Tempted to fit a K&K to my Faith Saturn to replace the piezo pickup but wondering on the feasibility of wiring it to the onboard Shadow preamp with a bypass switch mounted inside the body. 
Ideally, I’d like a separate preamp pedal but that might have to wait til my budget allows. 
Thoughts?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    If it's a standard piezo that's in the guitar now, it will work. If it's a B-Band or other 'electret' system it won't.

You will need to solder the three K&K wires to the mini-jack which goes into the preamp - assuming the system has one - which might be a bit awkward. If you're fitting a bypass switch it will make things a bit easier, although that's also a fair bit of extra work.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• It’s just a piezo, although I don’t think there’s a mini jack for the preamp. Assuming the k&k comes with the output jack already fitted I was gonna make an adaptor lead of sorts to avoid chopping the k&k up. 
  • So essentially, a male jack from k&k to a box with a toggle, then one cable to preamp and one to output jack. All competently lashed together with velcro and cable ties! 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72339
    So essentially, a male jack from k&k to a box with a toggle, then one cable to preamp and one to output jack. All competently lashed together with velcro and cable ties! 
    Yes, that should work!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein