Feline Guitars Tabby Special - Mary Kay finish £2400

FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
edited June 2019 in Made in the UK tFB Trader
Whilst we are taking a rest from built to order guitars for 2019 we will still produce a limited number of stock guitars.

We've spent a while tweaking the Tabby Special design to be something that is our own take on a classic
This is the latest to be completed and finalised and it's come together nicely.

The Tabby Special adds some comfort contours to the classic single cut outline for more player comfort
A classic layout but with our own modified style of pickguard

Pickups here are a set of Bare Knuckle Yardbirds - the alnico 4 magnets taming the top end slightly to compensate for the ash/maple constructions brightness.
Pots are CTS with a CRL switch , switchcraft jack and an electrosocket tele jack recessed cup.

Finish is a nitrocellulose finish (i know - a Feline with nitro - what next ) from @lamf68 , who has been great to deal with

This example featuring a swamp ash body and three piece quartersawn maple neck with a leant back headstock

An all access neck joint and threaded inserts into the neck make for a very solid body to neck join and great comfort for the player
Thanks to @Graingerguitars for the inserts.

Speaking of the neck - we went with Luminlay inlay markers on the side to let you see where you are in the dark. Shine a special UV torch at them and they'll glow for about an hour.

The neck is rather pretty too and has a hand rubbed oil finish - so very tactile (with rolled fingerboard edges)
You can see the leanback headstock clearly too - giving great string break angle over the Earvana nut aided in part by the gotoh tuners with height adjustable posts set quite low
The string ends terminate in a nicely machined ferrule block - thanks again to @Graingerguitars ;;

Some medium jumbo frets make for a comfy playing guitar . nicely offset with some paua abalone inlays

having fitted an Earvana nut we wanted to be able to have control over the intonation at the bridge so went with the Gotoh /Wilkinson 3 saddle version where the saddles can be unlocked and twisted into the best intonation setting whilst keeping that 3 saddle vibe

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 11reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wow :) ...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Amazing stuff Jonathan! Particularly impressed with the nitro and the bridge, as always you have taken something great and made it even better :)
  • I finally had the opportunity to pop in and see Jonathan last week just to have a browse at his stellar work. He took the time to have a good chat with me and a mate, and I saw this beauty of a guitar in the flesh. As per usual, the quality is unquestionable, but it was nice to hear that it had been sprayed by @lamf68 , who as you all no doubt know, is a top man when it comes to painting. The white finish is just stonking, and seeing it up close has really convinced me to go back to him for a re-finish of my 12 string Jazzmaster thingy, which is currently covered in a disappointing, but thankfully thin Wudtone finish.

Anyway, a big thanks to @FelineGuitars for his time. It was a real pleasure ;-)