Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)

What's Hot
FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
edited January 2019 in Music
I was skipping around on YouTube, and I noticed there are so many great live recordings of this song, from small gigs & TV shows to large festivals, and they kill it every time.

I like the extended intro on this one..

If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Great version of a great song.

I'd love the chance to see them live but never got round to it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Saw them round about the time of the the video above. Excellent gig.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CirrusCirrus Frets: 8491
    It's amazing how well they do the "just on the edge of chaos" sound. Seems like it's always just about to fall apart, but it never does.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26941
    I love their early stuff. I don't "get" the last couple of records, but the first two-and-a-half or so were spectacular. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited January 2019
    Cirrus said:
    It's amazing how well they do the "just on the edge of chaos" sound. Seems like it's always just about to fall apart, but it never does.
    If you listen carefully the music is always fully under control and the transitions sound amazing. The bass player and drummer seem to be holding it all together. The thing that impresses me is how they manage to pull it off everytime they play it, as there is a lot of scope for things to go off the rails. They must be highly skilled musicians to consistently turn chaos into a thing of beauty.

Here is the entire concert with better audio quality. They actually did a seamless transition from Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) directly into Rebellion (lies) @1:04:02

If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.