HX Stomp/Helix questions

What's Hot
smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 668

I have my DD-550 in the FX Loop of my HX Stomp, and I am running the Stomp into the FX Loop of my Marshall JVM410. Whenever I engaged the FX Loop (Send/Return Blocks) on the Stomp to bring the delay into the mix, it made my tone sound really strange, and totally different to how it sounds when I was running the two pedals in series.

Does anyone know why this would be? Is it something to do with having an FX Loop within an FX Loop?

Also, I am planning to take the stomp into the studio on Friday, and record directly - I've never done this before - can this be done directly from the USB connection, or do I need to connect the output of the Stomp into the mixing desk also?

If so, do I then simply change the "output level" from instrument to line?

Cheers

Keir

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Could it be phase. Have you tried running the dd500 delays 100% wet? Also, the nvm has a serial or parallel loop, which one are you using?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I have my DD-550 in the FX Loop of my HX Stomp, and I am running the Stomp into the FX Loop of my Marshall JVM410. Whenever I engaged the FX Loop (Send/Return Blocks) on the Stomp to bring the delay into the mix, it made my tone sound really strange, and totally different to how it sounds when I was running the two pedals in series.

Does anyone know why this would be? Is it something to do with having an FX Loop within an FX Loop?

Also, I am planning to take the stomp into the studio on Friday, and record directly - I've never done this before - can this be done directly from the USB connection, or do I need to connect the output of the Stomp into the mixing desk also?

Cheers

Keir

Why not just use the midi switching in the stomp to bypass/load presets on the dd-500? 

Seems easier than multiple fx loops in loops. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.
  • Could it be phase. Have you tried running the dd500 delays 100% wet? Also, the nvm has a serial or parallel loop, which one are you using?
    Yeah, was thinking it was some kind of phasing issue. Will look into running the delays 100% wet

• I have my DD-550 in the FX Loop of my HX Stomp, and I am running the Stomp into the FX Loop of my Marshall JVM410. Whenever I engaged the FX Loop (Send/Return Blocks) on the Stomp to bring the delay into the mix, it made my tone sound really strange, and totally different to how it sounds when I was running the two pedals in series.

Cheers

Keir

Why not just use the midi switching in the stomp to bypass/load presets on the dd-500? 

I need the dd500 in the hx loop so that I can integrate the dd500 into any part of the Hx chain. If I just had the two units in series, I would lose this flexibility.

And then I don’t like running effects in front of my amp, which is why the hx is then in my amp fx loop.

i control all of the midi from my Morningstar MC6
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7473
    Send level of the loop? 
    Red ones are better. 

Cheers

Keir

I need the dd500 in the hx loop so that I can integrate the dd500 into any part of the Hx chain. If I just had the two units in series, I would lose this flexibility.

And then I don’t like running effects in front of my amp, which is why the hx is then in my amp fx loop.

i control all of the midi from my Morningstar MC6
    Yes. That seems reasonable. 

Carry on. 
    " Why does it smell of bum?" Mrs Professorben.