Gary Clark Jr - This Land

What's Hot
RabsRabs Frets: 2608
in Music tFB Trader

Wow.. Wasn't expecting that. Isnt he a straight out blues player usually? 

The effect Trump has on people  :)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    Rabs said:

Isnt he a straight out blues player usually? 

Nah, his studio albums have all had a mixed bag with some bluesy guitar and modern beats and stylings. 
  • RabsRabs Frets: 2608
    tFB Trader
    Rabs said:

Nah, his studio albums have all had a mixed bag with some bluesy guitar and modern beats and stylings. 

Ahh ok cheers... Ive only seen the odd clip here and there of him live and its always been blues..  I may have to take a closer  look ..
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    I've not heard this yet  Someone posted it on TDPRI  and the whole thread was taken down for political content so powerful stuff I guess.

Rabs said:
    Rabs said:

Ahh ok cheers... Ive only seen the odd clip here and there of him live and its always been blues..  I may have to take a closer  look ..
    The studio albums are pretty varied. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8537
    This is blues - just so happens to be what it probably should sound like in 2019 - I like it.
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294
    Have watched it now. Yep not sure it's one for a Wednesday night blues jam but I thought it was good. Feeling optimistic about the new album in March.
  • Strat54Strat54 Frets: 2377
    I like it, he's amazing live. Shame he has to play a censored version on TV, it just didn't flow so well. Hoping his next record is more consistent too, the last couple have been too varied, like he's trying please everyone by covering every genre Yet you go and see him live and its raw dirty bluesy stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAem_C6pDWI
  • Got the new album yesterday, I'm halfway through my second listen and I reckon he's finally got the mix of styles right, I'm liking it a lot.
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    I've not heard this yet  Someone posted it on TDPRI  and the whole thread was taken down for political content so powerful stuff I guess.
    Is "racism = bad" really a contentious position there?
  • roberty said:
    Is "racism = bad" really a contentious position there?
    I have latterly stopped posting on TDPRI for other reasons but their idea of political content seems quite random. 

I'd forgotten about the album, currently feeling skint so will have to find it on a streaming service later. 
  • Have listened to most of the album in bits and bobs, and liking everything I've heard so far. Would love to catch him live but I'm out of the country when he's in the UK in June sadly.

Loving the look of the new guitar he was sporting on SNL the other week. New signature Flying V in the offing perhaps?

• peteripeteri Frets: 1283
    Listening to it on Apple Music, wonderful album - everything the blues should be in 2019 (I'm looking at you JB!)
  • Have listened to most of the album in bits and bobs, and liking everything I've heard so far. Would love to catch him live but I'm out of the country when he's in the UK in June sadly.

Loving the look of the new guitar he was sporting on SNL the other week. New signature Flying V in the offing perhaps?

What's with the right handed guitarist playing a lefty upside down?
  • SimonCSimonC Frets: 1399
    His guitarring reminds me very much of Leslie West.
  • Not streamable until 1/3/19 according to Play Music :anguished: 
  • Nothing like a subtle lyric to get you.