Switch between amps????

Hi, I play in a small combo. Our first set is quite laid back and I use a Takamine G Series acoustic through a Marshall AS100D. Our second set is livelier, and I use a Fender Strat through a Line 6 amp.

I've set up a pedal board which I use for the first set - this has a Boss Equaliser, DMX Analog Chorus, Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive, Behringer Digital Delay. 

For the second set, I've been using a Line 6 PBV Shortboard which connects via an ethernet cable to the Line 6 amp.

I'd really like to use only the pedal board set up for both sets. After all, it has all I need, looks tidier (one less pedal board). I want to set it up so that both guitars are connected to the board but to the different amps. Can this be done? As it stands now, I think I'd need to manually connect the Line 6 amp to the pedal board instead of the Marshall and plug my Strat into the other end of the pedal chain but it's a bit of a faff and there are times when I'd like to use the Takamine in our second set, so switching between guitars.

So the outcome would be: 2 guitars, 2 amps, all through one pedal board with the ability to pick up either guitar without having to un-plug things......

Really appreciate any advice!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• John_AJohn_A Frets: 3775
    Ditch the lot and buy a Helix and a decent speaker like a Yamaha DXR10.  Sounds like an expensive option, but means you could sell everything else to fund it so wouldn't be too bad.  Would be loads more convenient and sound better by a good margin
  • MayneheadMaynehead Frets: 1782
    The Bright Onion dual AB switcher should do the trick: http://www.brightonion.co.uk/products/Dual-AB-Switch.html

Guitars into the inputs, pedalboard connected to the send/return, and amps into the outputs.

You can then connect any guitar to any amp, all going through the same pedalboard.
  • MusicwolfMusicwolf Frets: 3627
    That switch would work but my preferred method is to have, for guitar switching, a lead with a silent jack on the guitar end.

If you have two guitars, each with their own lead, I find that you get tangled up.  I have a normal length lead plus a short one for if I'm using a wireless pack.
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6378
    Radial pedals have plenty options for the OP question ....

Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 71951
    Bright Onion will do something like that, in the UK and far cheaper than the Radial.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Just because I don't care, doesn't mean I don't understand." - Homer Simpson

• HoraceBHoraceB Frets: 334
    I'm selling a Radial Bigshot ABY if interested
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    Fender do a cheap red ABY box, £30 ish