interparcel =shit

What's Hot
grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3300
So interparcel will allow you to book the date and time for your collection and gladly take your money but they'll do sweet fuck all if they forget to pick it up. Not even an apology just asked did I want it collecting tomorrow instead? Wankers!

Rant ends
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Ha - must be a day for it. I booked one for tomorrow, but never got the labels thru, and have spent all day getting fobbed off (until they went home at 5). Just spoke to UPS who would have actually been doing the job, and it wasn't booked at all..

Class.

• underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Not used them for a while, but I use to send several parcels a day via them and never had an issue, hope this is a short lived blip.
  • ElwoodElwood Frets: 452
    Why use a middle man?
  • grungebobgrungebob Frets: 3300
    Usually cheaper through them than direct. Left my trustpilot review and low and behold their now looking into it.

Seems we're both unlucky eh Mr Jook
  • underdogunderdog Frets: 8334
    Both have problem on the same day, some kind of fault with one of their systems maybe?
    Yeah, to be fair I use them most weeks and they are normally really good just annoying when things go wrong..

• usedtobeusedtobe Frets: 3841
    I sent four guitars in a two week period, with them, last year. One set of labels took its time, but otherwise - sweet as a nut.
     so if you fancy a reissue of a guitar they never made in a colour they never used then it probably isn't too overpriced.

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10337
    Interparcel can suck my balls 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Interparcel can suck my balls 
    Think that is more of an uphike than their insurance :)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thermionicthermionic Frets: 9501
    grungebob said:
    Usually cheaper through them than direct.
    So by paying another company to do stuff which presumably has some overheads, it works out cheaper?

No wonder the economy's screwed.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • MonstronautMonstronaut Frets: 193
    They charged me twice on a package today. Must be the day for it.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7271
    I think it was inter parcel that somehow managed to jolt a bolt on neck away from the body so the screw holes stripped. Used parcel monkey and they just never arrived, despite asking us to stay in all day because they were definitely coming and wouldn't be long.
  • Use them all the time. Had one issue when I booked a TNT collect first thing in morning for same day and 2 hrs later got a mail saying TNT couldn't do it . Called interparcel and they were helpful in getting UPS to collect instead.

For small packages I always use the drop at store option, more handy.
  • streethawkstreethawk Frets: 1631
    Privatisation people, it makes the world a better place and no bureaucracy. 

4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Interparcel have lost 2 packages that were sent to me in the last. 6 months. Wankers. And their customer service team just give you the middle finger.
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3897
    I have used them without problems, but reading on a few forums, it seems most companies have messed up, been late, lost and destroyed guitars.
  • ElectroDanElectroDan Frets: 554

I use My Hermes. Drop the parcel at one of the participating shops, and then get on with what you want to be doing. Instead of hanging around for someone to turn up. Much more reasonable than my local Post office paid some crazy prices in there before I turned to the couriers.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    Have used the Interparcel/UPS for a good while and all good so far.
  • juansolojuansolo Frets: 1773
    Never had any issues with Interparcel/UPS. They're my default choice when the RM doesn't cut it.
  • NeilNeil Frets: 3594
    grungebob said:
    Usually cheaper through them than direct.
    So by paying another company to do stuff which presumably has some overheads, it works out cheaper?

No wonder the economy's screwed.
    As a large consumer a  company like Interparcel gets its deliveries at a much more preferential rate which it can use to be competitive and UPS or whoever don't have to deal with independent customers.

Rather like going to a discount broker rather than dealing with an insurance company direct which would be more expensive.