What happens when a professional mixes your songs

Stuckfast offered to remix two songs for us. 

He is a professional that works for a magazine as well as other exciting projects. 

Can not recommend him enough. Terrific mix and a really cool person to collaborate with. 

If you need anything working on contact him below. 

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/profile/14540/Stuckfast

Here are the two tracks. Be sure to follow us please and leave a comment 

Listen to Cherry Cola - Sam's Mix by Vietnam Flashbacks #np on #SoundCloud

Listen to Vietnam Flashback - Sam's Mix by Vietnam Flashbacks #np on #SoundCloud

Instagram is Rocknrollismyescape -

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14323
    Hopefully, when a seasoned practitioner mixes your recording(s), the result serves the song rather than the egos of the contributors. Emphasis can be placed on the elements that matter to the likeliest audience.

In order to fully appreciate the two mixes in the OP, it might help to have access to any previous mixes. 
    Be seeing you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andy_kandy_k Frets: 818
    first impressions, sounds great, I agree, its hard to offer constructive criticism without hearing a bit more of the vibe and intention.
    first track--reminded me of Bowie, good song, strong vocals.
    second track, very obvious Hendrix 60's vibe, so suits the song.
    I have followed you on Soundcloud, and will have a listen to your other stuff on there, follow me back to have a listen to my own experiments, bit of live recording, bit of re-mixing, bit of learning on the job.
    It would be interesting to see the extent of the 'remixing' that took place, ie, stems,
    but sounds good to me on crappy laptop speakers--which is where most stuff is heard these days.
    nice one.
    andy k
  • Hi. I will add the original ones. We've had 1200 plays now of cherry Cola. Which is a surprise 

FOR SALE - Catalinbread Echorec, Sonic Blue classic player strat and a Digitech bad monkey

• FreebirdFreebird Frets: 5821
    edited January 2019
    andy_k said:
    first track--reminded me of Bowie, good song, strong vocals.
    I was picking up the Psychedelic Furs, with some added delay.
    If we are not ashamed to think it, we should not be ashamed to say it.
  • I think that was unintentional. It started more like JAMC then evolved 

• Hi. I will add the original ones. We've had 1200 plays now of cherry Cola. Which is a surprise 
    Very cool. I'm interested in promotional strategy at the moment (there is a blog thread in studio and recording section). Any chance you could share what you've been doing to get the word out?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Tbh not a lot. Just some retweets on twitter

Today we got retweeted by jesus Jones. Who have been really kind and love the song. 

Which is really quite amazing to me.