SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

ALL SOLD NOTHING TO SEE HERE... ta!! :-)

What's Hot
impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
edited June 2014 in Amps £
Due to another amp incoming, I need to appease my beloved by moving on the amps "cluttering up" the house... So...

Laney Lionheart L20H

This is a f*cking great amp. 20w valve head with reverb. Footswitchable reverb and channel select. Loud as you like (I've gigged this with a five piece *loud* punk/new wave/ska band and it never ran out of puff) and sounds wonderful. Comes with the footswitch and a (not Laney) cover. £275 PRICE DROP TO SELL £200

Zilla Modern 2x12 cab

Wonderful cabinet, fitted with Celestion G12 and Vintage 30 speakers and comes with a really nice cover. I bought this on here via this ad: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/9524/  and the condition hasn't changed. Same price £250. Sold pending collection

Obviously, these are big and awkward things to post, so I really don't want to get involved in that. I also don't really have the packaging materials. If you want to send me a box, and send your own courier, I'm quite happy to do that for you, though... But bear in mind very few if any couriers 1) insure valve amps and 2) aren't staffed by baboons. 

I'm quite happy to meet you at a convenient motorway services or similar (within reason) in return for a small contribution towards diesel but obviously I'd prefer you to come and collect in person so you can see them working for yourself.

I'm based in Daventry, Northants.

I'll add some pictures tomorrow (I'm rehearsing tonight).

Any questions, please ask.
Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• cgumtreecgumtree Frets: 35
    Trade your Zilla 2x12 for my Marshall 1960A 4x12?
  • timmysofttimmysoft Frets: 1962
    That l20h is a steal, I miss mine every day!
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12668
    Thanks for the offer but I'm trying to clear space - so no trades for amps or cabs...

• DrBobDrBob Frets: 3006
    Gah, that Zilla is perilously close in spec & colour to the Roadkill I'm about to order..
    Wonder if I could resell the Vintage 30 & G12t75 I've already bought & snare this instead...
    Do it @DrBob... this is a loverly cabinet. :-)

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    Hello Tim, 

Laney LC50 MkII Head

I am very interested in this. Do you mind if I give it a quick whirl?

Can I dibs it?
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • markslade07markslade07 Frets: 836
    timmysoft said:
    That l20h is a steal, I miss mine every day!
    That 'might' be your old one....this one was mine and I may well have got it off you!
    :-) go on, you know you want it!

Bump it hup

Would you say that the 2x12 has enough 'bottom end' I ask because the Roadkill I was looking to buy is a Stag which I think is closer to the Zilla Fatboy in terms of size & specs and is also closed back which I'm guessing would give it more 'shunt' if you know what I mean ?
    I think it has enough low end - but then again, my sound might be different to yours.

It is quite shallow and is semi open back. I'd imagine that you'd get more low out of a Fatboy but I've never felt it lacking for me.

I lent it to @meltedbuzzbox this weekend, I think he liked it - perhaps Jack has a point of view on it? Impartial and all that...

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10339
    edited April 2014
    Hello, @DrBob

That zilla cab is great. Good bottom end and sparkly highs, a general nice all round sound. Slaughters the marshall cabs I use down the practice rooms. Built like a tank and had a fabric wrap better than most furniture.
    If I didnt play a twin I would of had that cab.

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5053
    impmann said:
    I'll add some pictures tomorrow (I'm rehearsing tonight).
    Which 'tomorrow' exactly...?  :)
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    Good point, Mr Finder... the joys of work and life getting in the way of play, eh? Which are you interested in?

I shall do something tonight. :-)

impmann said:
    I think it has enough low end - but then again, my sound might be different to yours.

It is quite shallow and is semi open back. I'd imagine that you'd get more low out of a Fatboy but I've never felt it lacking for me.

I lent it to @meltedbuzzbox this weekend, I think he liked it - perhaps Jack has a point of view on it? Impartial and all that...

Hello, @DrBob

That zilla cab is great. Good bottom end and sparkly highs, a general nice all round sound. Slaughters the marshall cabs I use down the practice rooms. Built like a tank and had a fabric wrap better than most furniture.
    If I didnt play a twin I would of had that cab.

Thanks for the intel both of you.. Hmm okay, my only concern now is whether the Western Tolex is a bit too 'Cowboy' for me
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    DrBob said:
    Thanks for the intel both of you.. Hmm okay, my only concern now is whether the Western Tolex is a bit too 'Cowboy' for me

I love that cab, wish I'd been able to hang onto it (I'm the original owner)...and the Tan Western Tolex looks fantastic!

Here it is with a matching Marshall head that Paul/Zilla recovered (it's actually the exact cab in that photo that's for sale here).

http://www.zillacabs.com/images/recovering/mini_marshall_western_side-158x203.jpg

I used it live in my punk and new wave band - the rest of the band just looked at it and went "cool"... I don't think I ever gave that a thought... 

I accept it is a bit marmite. But frankly, under stage lights it just looks brown verging on black. 

Photos as promised...

Laney Lionheart Head

With cover...

The worst of the damage to the tolex - small nick really...

Zilla Cab

• DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2168
    hmm extremely tempted by the Laney head, played a 5w combo years ago and it sounded glorious.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    They are great amps, mate. :-)