Guitar Auction - Northampton - Sat March 9th

What's Hot
guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14195
edited January 2019 in Guitar tFB Trader
Heads up time regarding a new auction company and their first auction - The Guitar Auction House

Nothing to do with me/Guitars4You but I thought it is worth a mention as it may well appeal to some - I know the 2 promoters as they run a couple of the guitar shows that I exhibit through out the year - I can't make it as I have a guitar show the following day in the North East

http://www.guitar-auctions.com/ - for far more info

Northampton Rugby Club - Saturday 9th March - Sponsored by PMT

Look a few interesting pieces, based on initial pics that I've seen
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14195
    tFB Trader
    looked at the initial listing they have for this auction - Some interesting pieces, but as always hard to know at this stage what the hammer price will be - Good news at 10% additional fee on the hammer price, although doesn't say 10% + vat so maybe clarification required
  • fretfinderfretfinder Frets: 5005
    looked at the initial listing they have for this auction - Some interesting pieces, but as always hard to know at this stage what the hammer price will be - Good news at 10% additional fee on the hammer price, although doesn't say 10% + vat so maybe clarification required
    Fewer guitars than GH (56 listed whereas I think there’s over 300 in the next GH auction) but arguably a better quality selection on average in Northampton.

Interesting to see that the ex-Steve Clarke Gibson EDS 1275 is up for sale again. I think Richard Henry was trying to sell that a while ago and it was also listed on here a while back... for £8K!

http://www.guitar-auctions.com/auctions/guitars/1987-gibson-eds-1275-usa-steve-clarke-def-leppard

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/141758/
    250+ positive trading feedbacks: http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/57830/
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TenebrousTenebrous Frets: 1332
    1956 Fender Telecaster. Guide price, £1,600 - £16,500.

That's a "Flog It!" level prediction right there.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Fewer guitars than GH (56 listed whereas I think there’s over 300 in the next GH auction) but arguably a better quality selection on average in Northampton.

Interesting to see that the ex-Steve Clarke Gibson EDS 1275 is up for sale again. I think Richard Henry was trying to sell that a while ago and it was also listed on here a while back... for £8K!

http://www.guitar-auctions.com/auctions/guitars/1987-gibson-eds-1275-usa-steve-clarke-def-leppard

http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/141758/
    amazing how eagle eyed some of you are and how the same products are constantly re-cycled
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12663
    Some ‘optimistic’ estimates there....
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • Descriptions are a bit disappointing. 
    Some are lacking in what I'd regard as essential detail... some are almost non-existent (just the name of the guitar model)... and some appear to be totally inaccurate (74 Mustang is described as a 93 Tele... and it appears the rest of the description for that guitar is largely incorrect).  Doesn't really give me much confidence about how well the guitars have been appraised.
    tFB Trader
    impmann said:
    Some ‘optimistic’ estimates there....
    Not sure if any reserve price on such guitars - Hard to say how the actual pricing will pan out - Depends on the public turnout and I suppose if you get 2 good bidders on the same guitar then prices will rise, yet the odd guitar will be sold below value - Just a case of which
    tFB Trader
    Descriptions are a bit disappointing. 
    Some are lacking in what I'd regard as essential detail... some are almost non-existent (just the name of the guitar model)... and some appear to be totally inaccurate (74 Mustang is described as a 93 Tele... and it appears the rest of the description for that guitar is largely incorrect).  Doesn't really give me much confidence about how well the guitars have been appraised.
    Think that is the nature of many 'auctions' - Almost a case of it is up to you to evaluate and decide accordingly - Not sure if this is a deliberate policy to avoid any 'libel' or lack of info/knowledge on the auctioneers part

I certainly would not buy/bid blind, I'd want to evaluate before hand

My experience of auctions are that very few guitars, if any, are set-up to be appraised in what I would call 'retail ready' regarding the playing performance - So dirty strings, set-up issues - But all can be resolved - Then again how many shops treat them likewise - Maybe it is unfortunately a nature of our trade 
  • Glad to see the Steve Clarke guitar priced more sensibly.  Its normally the Fretboard is cheaper!
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24207
    Nice PRS colour.

Love the EBMM EVH as well. I nearly bought one when they came out. I should have done.
    tFB Trader
    anyone going !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4908
    If anyone is thinking of going, note that they've changed the date - viewing now on 29th and morning of 30th March, with the auction taking place on afternoon of 30th at 1:00 pm.

• Damn it, the 9th would have been the weekend of my wife’s 30th -she’d have really loved me dragging her round a guitar auction and spending our limited cash on stuff i didn’t need and she didn’t want. Guess it’ll have to be a tank museum or something equally ‘memorable’ instead then. :)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Nitefly said:
    If anyone is thinking of going, note that they've changed the date - viewing now on 29th and morning of 30th March, with the auction taking place on afternoon of 30th at 1:00 pm.

Just found that out today - Apparently change of match date for Northampton Rugby Club
    tFB Trader
    Nitefly said:

Just found that out today - Apparently change of match date for Northampton Rugby Club