I rarely say this...

What's Hot
digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 26561
...but sometimes, I think "I wish I was living in the US right now."

<space for hire>
nuno_vai.png 290.8K
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• So yeah...not the meeting of greats that you might expect.

Exhibit A: Steve Vai shitting on everything with whammy nonsense and widdly-widdly:

Exhibit B: No Vai, song being served rather nicely:

Look, I might be biased, but Vai's performance here (and in a few other songs that are largely the same) seems like that asshole kid who always gets up at jam nights and can clearly play, but can't listen.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Paul_CPaul_C Frets: 7754

One of my favourite Guitarist cover discs had both Vai and Malmsteen noodling over blues backing tracks, which for me was hilarious - neither seemed to have the slightest interest in going for a blues-tinged version of their usual style, they both just went for it as if it was one of their own tunes.
    "I'll probably be in the bins at Newport Pagnell services."  fretmeister
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72253
    I liked the one with Vai much better... sorry!

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6682
    edited February 2019
    yeah the vai one was much better and i flippin love Nuno
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Imagine how much a ticket to one these Nuno jams must cost??!!
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6682
    isn't it just a regular thursday club night he does?
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
  • ColsCols Frets: 6988
    Vai’s technically gobsmacking, but for me his music has never carried any message other than ‘check out what I can do’.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4131
    It’s the sound check live thing, the one I think is hosted in a bowling alley club, I have watched their videos for ages as Ace Von Johnson and some other cool players are often on
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28285
    ...but sometimes, I think "I wish I was living in the US right now."
    Probably wouldn't help, it's a vast land area so you would still be miles and miles from most stuff that's going on.

Paul_C said:

One of my favourite Guitarist cover discs had both Vai and Malmsteen noodling over blues backing tracks, which for me was hilarious - neither seemed to have the slightest interest in going for a blues-tinged version of their usual style, they both just went for it as if it was one of their own tunes.
    I have that mag! I actually enjoyed both tracks although neither really played what we think of as blues. I recall the transcriber having the hump as it was a LOT of work transcribing the billion notes that Yngwie crammed into a couple of minutes!